6.5mm 150g ABLR.

It does. The brow tines are what drew me to this bull in particular. They are very long and curvy!
I think if I was in the woods and saw that Creature I may have dropped my gear and ran home!!!!
Allen that is a BEAUTIFUL ELK and one for the record books!!! I showed jill the picture and she said "What is it".
Thanks for sharing.
Len & Jill

G'day all,
I just thought I would post that after a few years, I am elated, I have finally found some 150g ABLR pills to use in my custom 264WM 29.5" 8" twist.
I have been looking for so long, I didn't think it would happen.
The cost per 100 is substantial, $179AUD, but I just have to try them.
These should be the ticket for my Dad getting his biggest Red deer stag in New Zealand next year, he turns 80 next year.

Cheers.
Where did you score the 6.5 150 ABLRs? Had those on back order for about two years.

G'day all,
I just thought I would post that after a few years, I am elated, I have finally found some 150g ABLR pills to use in my custom 264WM 29.5" 8" twist.
I have been looking for so long, I didn't think it would happen.
The cost per 100 is substantial, $179AUD, but I just have to try them.
These should be the ticket for my Dad getting his biggest Red deer stag in New Zealand next year, he turns 80 next year.

Cheers.
Good luck to You and Your Dad

That is from New Zealand. Red stag. They grow much crazier racks than that in the wild.
Looks like Avon Valley Marlborough to me and out in the wild their racks aren't anything like that. Kiwi here, been hunting for the past fifty years or so and to this day. Personally I have no objection to canned hunts, we also live in Marlborough and hunting goes all year round it's a hunters paradise.

Yeah, It is a canned hunt as are most of the hunts in NZ. There are places over there where you can hunt Red Stag, free range, on the West side of the island but the country is way to steep and thick for this old fat boy to traverse. I assure you It did not cost me 15K and I didn't try and sell it as I was some great white hunter. I said I shot a very nice Red Stag in NZ.
Old & overweight I know the feeling all too well..
Looks like Avon Valley Marlborough our home territory, there's no 'easy' hunting country around here unfortunately. It's either mountains, heavy bush or both! You get lucky sometimes like unloading the ute and a deers looking at you 70 metres away 👍

It does. The brow tines are what drew me to this bull in particular. They are very long and curvy!
Red Stag is definitely on my buck list. I hope to hunt them during the rut to hear their roars. I have hunted Sika and heard their high pitched scream, Elk and their majestic bugle. Now for the triple crown, pun intended.

A good friend of mine that moved from S. Ca. to New Zealand in the late 80s tried to get me to move there. He told me that all you needed for those stags was a 243 with 95g g Nosler partition and now the Hornady SST out to 450 yards where shots are common. I was shocked to say the least, but this guy is a precision shooter/reloader.

A good friend of mine that moved from S. Ca. to New Zealand in the late 80s tried to get me to move there. He told me that all you needed for those stags was a 243 with 95g g Nosler partition and now the Hornady SST out to 450 yards where shots are common. I was shocked to say the least, but this guy is a precision shooter/reloader.
A 243 here is acceptable out to say 300 metres tops with good shot placement on Red deer and we know this from genuine experience. Son has a 6mm CM with 103gr ELD-X doing 3,000 fps he limits himself to 300M distance tops, any hunting over that distance he always uses his 270 or 7mm RM