6.5mm 150g ABLR.

I shot a very nice stag in NZ with my 6.5 PRC at 487 yards with 140 grain Accuonds at 2900 FPS and it went 10 yards maybe.
View attachment 560131
*** is that??? is that from the Movie ALIEN. I would think that you would have to shoot and hopefully Kill that with a PLAZMA Rifle!!!

Two seasons ago one of my buddy's shot a 5x5 Elk. Neck shot so the Bull did drop right there but the bullet did not exit just blew up on contact. I know dead is dead but I just expected a little more damage.
Last season he hit a nice mule deer buck and it ran hundreds of yards and just was not the damage I would have expected from a 195gr berger. Yes it could have been a better hit but All the same the bullet just did not impress.
It does seem that bergers QC has gone down hill in resent years. As I have been having to make sure the hollow points are open which never seemed to be an issue 5+ years ago.
I would say that 80% of the tips are plugged and need cleaned and no I am not damaging them or making them any bigger when cleaning the tips.
If I can find them I will post a photo of a few of there 195's that had very bad flaws that where in new boxes of bullets.
I am not dead set against them but don't think I will be running them in any of my rifles.
My Son is still using them in his 270WSM pushing the berger 150's.
No issues with them yet performance wise but we do have to clean the tips on these as well.

G'day all,
I just thought I would post that after a few years, I am elated, I have finally found some 150g ABLR pills to use in my custom 264WM 29.5" 8" twist.
I have been looking for so long, I didn't think it would happen.
The cost per 100 is substantial, $179AUD, but I just have to try them.
These should be the ticket for my Dad getting his biggest Red deer stag in New Zealand next year, he turns 80 next year.

Cheers.
Hope he takes a monster. Best of luck 🤞🏼

Hope he takes a monster. Best of luck 🤞🏼
I hope so too, thanks.
We will not be hunting Elk/Red deer hybrids, just straight old red deer.
We hunted Scotland for red deer way back in 1995, we could only get a hind cull deer at the time, they have weird regulations. We also have Red deer where we live, but none are as big as those in New Zealand.

Cheers.

That's a keeper 😂 Wow what a Beast Congrats!!!
Do you have a rough score on him yet I know he wi
It only scores 376" Gross. Not a big one by any means in NZ but I was very happy with it! I was incredibly pleased with my shot placement and especially with the performance of the 140 grain accubond bullet.

That's a canned hunt hybrid deer US$15k worth
Yeah, It is a canned hunt as are most of the hunts in NZ. There are places over there where you can hunt Red Stag, free range, on the West side of the island but the country is way to steep and thick for this old fat boy to traverse. I assure you It did not cost me 15K and I didn't try and sell it as I was some great white hunter. I said I shot a very nice Red Stag in NZ.

I hope so too, thanks.
We will not be hunting Elk/Red deer hybrids, just straight old red deer.
We hunted Scotland for red deer way back in 1995, we could only get a hind cull deer at the time, they have weird regulations. We also have Red deer where we live, but none are as big as those in New Zealand.

Cheers.
This the same as Red Stag?