6.5 PRC RL26 help

I finally got some brass and will be trying out a couple different powders as well and r26 will be one of them. Here is what hornady has listed.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210326-181151_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20210326-181151_Drive.jpg
    239.7 KB · Views: 725
Above post is free data Hornady has on their website. Additional weights and powders are now on their app, $1 for the data. It adds some powders and weights not available elsewhere. Worth the price of admission, IMHO.

Currently has RL-26 data for 120-153gr bullets. Some other alliant and Ramshot powders in there too.

Yep hornady has it listed and berger will give it to you. Just make sure you reduce charge for heavy brass like adg. Hornady brass is significantly lighter and has more internal volume. I run 135-156 with 26 and adg brass.

Alliant has no data for a 6.5 PRC from what I could see. It may be that I was looking from a
Mobile device. Can anyone point me to a data source for this caliber and preferably rl26.
Hornady has data on their website. I shoot the 140 gr. ELD-M with 55.7 gr. of RL26, CCI BR2 primers, .02 off the lands of a Christensen MPR. Best so far was 5 rounds @ 100 yards in .248". I don't think I'll ever do better or even match that again. It's under the maximum, but I occasionally get a faint ejector mark. I don't sweat it because the bolt has 2 ejectors that are pretty enthusiastic. Good luck, it's a great cartridge that's very efficient in my experience.

FWIW, in my rifle had similar loads with approx. 2gn less of RL26 than my H1000 load. Typically I would get a bit more fps with the RL26 but also slightly higher SD.

Alliant has no data for a 6.5 PRC from what I could see. It may be that I was looking from a
Mobile device. Can anyone point me to a data source for this caliber and preferably rl26.
Hornady's website has a section near the bottom of the home page that I think is titled "load data", or something similar. This section is where they post load data for cartridges that didn't make it into their latest Reloading Manual. They list a number of calibers there, among which you will find the 6.5 PRC. Bear in mind that Hornady doesn't make powder. As a consequence you get access to loads that you won't find in a powder manufacturer's data i.e. Alliant doesn't show up in Hogdon's loading data, etc. Hope that helps. The data is there and if you can't locate it on your own call Hornady on Monday and they'll be happy to walk you through it. Very nice folks. The downside is Hornady does make bullets, so the bad news is you won't find any loads for any bullets by Sierra, Berger, Barnes, etc. Hope you locate the link, I use it all the time and it's very useful. Good luck!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts