6.5 prc 124gr Hammer Hunter N555

Mschroeder40

First I want to say a really big thanks to Steve at Hammer! He answered my phone call and discussed load data and was very humble and honest about load data and bullets. It is always a breath of fresh air to speak with people like Steve that are business owners and an outstanding person that doesn't let success get in the way of being personal with customers. I will be a customer for life! They also offer Veteran discounts, and it is much appreciated! Thanks Steve for great products and service!

Here is some load data for the 6.5 prc with 124hh and N555
Lapua brass
Federal 210m
Rifle Zermatt orgin
22" Carbon six 7.5 twist
Don't have chronograph numbers yet. A friend is borrowing mine currently.
Settled on 54.3gr of n555 shot great!
2.946 oal for magazine functionality
20231111_121651.jpg

20231111_122827.jpg

Last edited:
First I want to say a really big thanks to Steve at Hammer! He answered my phone call and discussed load data and was very humble and honest about load data and bullets. It is always a breath of fresh air to speak with people like Steve that are business owners and an outstanding person that doesn't let success get in the way of being personal with customers. I will be a customer for life! They also offer Veteran discounts, and it is much appreciated! Thanks Steve for great products and service!

Here is some load data for the 6.5 prc with 124hh and N555
Lapua brass
Federal 210m
Rifle Zermatt orgin
22" Carbon six 1.75 twist
Don't have chronograph numbers yet. A friend is borrowing mine currently.
Settled on 54.3gr of n555 shot great!
2.946 oal for magazine functionality View attachment 510034
View attachment 510033
Hope to see chrono results soon, as well as trajectory testing (if feasible) to determine/verify BC of that projectile. Nice results so far! Pardon if I'm ignorant but do I assume correctly that the stated 1.75 twist indicates rifling pitch is 1 rotation/7.5" bbl travel? Regards

Hope to see chrono results soon, as well as trajectory testing (if feasible) to determine/verify BC of that projectile. Nice results so far! Pardon if I'm ignorant but do I assume correctly that the stated 1.75 twist indicates rifling pitch is 1 rotation/7.5" bbl travel? Regards
I will work on the chronograph numbers and verify out to 600. Vihtavuori Load data states 52.5 pushes a 130gr at 3022fps. So we should be close to 3400fps but need to verify.