6.5 & Nos. Accubond

Waynard

Hi fellas, thinking about giving the 6.5 Nos. Accubond 129 gr.LR or 130gr. bullet a shot out of my Creedmoors. There seems to be a lot of positive comments about them here on this forum. Any advice or comments would be appreciated. I have a Browning X Bolt and a Savage mod. 11 Predator Hunter.

I have not tried the 129LR bullet because the 130 AB does so well plus a lot of people that have used the 129 LR have found that for them it is too soft and comes apart too much at ranges inside 300 yards or so depending on the velocity it is going. I have used the 130 AB in my 264 Win mag to kill a dozen or so deer from 30 to right at 500 yards and it has performed perfectly and the same. Goes in destroys the vitals and exits about a quarter size hole and deer are DRT. I am starting it out at 3350 fps from my 27 3/4" barrel. I have only recovered one bullet. It was from a buck shot at 111 yards that was almost facing me with a left shoulder angle. Bullet was placed on the edge of the left scapula and was found while butchering in the smashed ball socket of the right ham. Bullet was a text book mushroom and weight was 87 grs. The 130 AB is a very accurate hard hitting hold together and keep on trucking through stuff bullet. :D

I've not shot game with it yet, but found a good load for my 260 with the 130 AB. I hear good things about performance from others though. It is more reliable at high velocities and shorter ranges than a BT or amax, but still does great "out yonder". It will likely be my go to deer hunting bullet for the next few years

Thanks guys, from the sound of things the accubond 130 gr.bullet would work well in the 6.5 Creedmoor. Midway USA has the accubonds on sale right now, only thing is I don't like paying a shipping charge on one item.

Then order more than one box. :D I am sure that you will not be sorry for getting the 130 AB. They fly like the Ballistic Tip and are accurate like the Ballistic Tip and on impact start to open up like the Ballistic Tip but hold together like the Partition and keep on trucking.

I load the 130 accubonds in my wife's 260. They worked very well for us this year on a cow elk and a small buck. I'm not pushing them very hard to keep recoil down. We recovered one bullet out of the cow that went through both shoulders and stoped under the hide, perfect mushroom. Even through the extremely thin model 7 barrel they still shoot better than moa out to 200 yards witch is about as far as she feels comfortable shooting.

My Savage Model 11 260 will do just about dime sized groups at 100 with the 130 accubond. Worked well for me on a cow elk and two deer.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.