Nosler accubond LR in 6.5 creed and 308 winchester

ZReed85

Hey guys, just wanting to share my findings with the accubond LR bullets in 308 and 6.5. Now both these rifles are featherweight customs (sub 6 pound) built by 2 of the best and I expected them to shoot well, but I am truly amazed with both of them.

Lane Precision reaper ti 6.5 creedmoor with a 22 inch fluted 2b bartlein
Load
Alpha brass
Fed210m
43 grains h4350
Nosler 129 accubond LR at .070 off lands
2830fps with an sd of 6
Sub .250 moa accuracy off bags

Accurate Ordnance 308 winchester ti proof carbon sendero at 20 inches
Load
Alpha brass
Fed 210m
43.9 grains h4895
Nosler 168 accubond LR at .070 off lands
2760fps with an sd of 3.. my lowest ever
.250 moa off bags

These bullets have performed great for me this year with whitetail from 50 to 409 yards nice exits with a few bang flops.
Not one deer made it farther than 30 yards.

They both hold .5 moa to 500 (that's the farthest I've shot them) easily as well, with many 3 shot groups much smaller than that.

The coincidence I find is that both rifles absolutely love them with a .070 jump.
I know several guys have struggled with these in past to get accuracy, but my assumption is they are not jumping them far enough.

With the smaller calibers I prefer a bonded hunting style bullet and I feel nosler has hit a home run with these!!

I have read where they were too soft and not penetrating very well for guys shooting fast magnum cartridges, but I've experienced nothing of the sort. At 308 and 6.5 creed velocities these bullets are amazingly accurate and have killed exceptionally well

Last edited:
I have had equal success with the Accubond LR although mainly with the 142gr 6.5. My latest loads are 0.015 off lands at 3050 fps. These pills must have a relatively tight twist to achieve best accuracy and BC. I could not get the 150gr 270 to work until I went with a 1:8 twist. I know some have not been satisfied with the performance of the ABLR line and believe they inflated their BC claims but that has not bee my experience. With the higher twist rate I have found the advertised BC to be very close with great terminal performance. I have no stock in nosler but if taking game at longer distances this is a performer. A lot of meat damage if <300 yards but still lethal.

I have found in 3 different guns that right around .050 off the lands has been the sweet spot. When we first loaded them a friend talked to a rep a Nosler and they said around.050 was the feed back they were hearing.

Killed two elk with the 129 lrabs at 2950 FPS. Both close shots 100-200 yards. Bullets or performed great, both 1 shot kills.

I"m another that enjoys the LRAB's. I run the 142's at 2800 and 3250 in two different guns. Took one whitetail this year with the 3250 fps at just over 100 yards. 6.5 entrance hole and a nickle exit. Took another at just over 350 and had nearly the same size entrance and exits. Took an axis doe at 109 with the slower cartridge and had similar performance. One whitetail with that gun at just under 300 and mirrored the axis.
Took my elk in '16 with the 142 LRAB at 137 yards. Through both shoulders and done.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.