6.5 haters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine cured cancer, did my taxes, and made a dent in world peace.

Anecdotally my last honda civic took a cow Moose that only made it a few steps... Sadly it was not a controlled expansion honda civic and didn't retain its weight on expansion. Sadly was never able to try it on aoudad guess I'll have to use the 6.5 creed....

Attachments

• 5dHLms.jpg
    5dHLms.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 383
I've not clicked on the lead poisoning one, figured it was either a good joke or a really dumb serious one. Didn't look at this ones subsection just figured it was humor... I see it is not. Kinda sad because the Creedmoor meme are pretty funny. Don't understand how tribal some of these things become. Should be met with humor....

This might be true.

The famous & effective BAR (Browning Automatic Rifle) of WWII fame, created towards the end of WWI, had a 6.5X55 version. The funny & peculiar Euro 6.5 bore was blended with the great American portable machine gun. There was fear of German efforts to duplicate captured BARs.

I think a 6.5X55 BAR would be more effective than a .30-06 (US Caliber .30) version, if used with spitzer type bullets. The .30 BAR is a hand full - heavy, strong springs and recoil. The 6.5 CM has military applications.

The only .30 caliber rifle I own is a .300 Win Mag, but I have five 6.5mm rifles that shoot pointy bullets.

Last edited:
I don't know if it comes from the tactical training scene or what, but since I watched an old Magpul training video a few years back I noticed that more and more guys are pressing their right fist into their left hand as if they were going to shoot a handgun During their videos. More so if they have some sort of shooting background.
Too such an extend that there should be a meme or parodie video about it!

I am not sure I would say 6.5 haters as much as I would Creedmoor haters. The 6.5 has always been a wonderful bullet. Read so many articles about the 6.5 before the Creedmoor ever arrived on the seen. I would say the reason for the hate is the Creedmoor showed up and all of a sudden this is the cartridge to end all cartridges. People claimed ridiculous capabilities when the Creedmoor doesn't produce anything better than the Swede the 260 Rem, 264 win mag or the 6.5/06 A square that was already available to the public. This isn.t to mention the wildcats that were available. Shooters just got tired of new shooters picking up the cartridge running to the range and field and claiming that it was this super cartridge that equals what is out there already.

Why do social media influencers speak with their hands so much? After awhile it feels like a cheap kung-fu movie.
In reality we as well as the whole world would be much better off if media influencers would keep their mouths shut and since all the hand wagging probably isn't American Sign Lauguage we wouldn't have to see or listen to them talking about something they know absolutely nothing about. o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.