6.5 grendel

JPRITT

anyone using a 6.5 gendal on here? I was thinking about building one out of a CZ 527. I have never accually even seen the proformance specs of one. it would be a varmit/small game rig. any thoughts or experiences?

Ideal combination

Hi i think for a light weight small to medium sized game at reasonable ranges it would make a nice cartrige. I have tested the 6.8SPC and was realy impressed with it i got 2600fps from the 20" barrel with 135gr Sierra matchkings and 3000fps with 90gr Hollow Points. The Grendell will do a similar thing with the lighter 6.5mm Projectiles. I have a Brno Fox2 here that i am looking to make into a close rande out to 300 yard small to medium sized game round and am thinking of fitting a shortened Sendaro barrel i have and chambering it in 7X33 Sako and throating it out to use the full mag length.

Have fun and have a look at the 6.8 aswell as i was realy impressed with it and if you wanted to their is a lot more factory ammo available for it and the brass is available a lot cheeper and now Hornady make it with 110gr V MAx projectiles and the cases have small primers instead of the large ones in the Rem cases.

Cheers Bill
Australia

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts