6.5 Creedmoor for varmints

Really depends what you are trying to do and what ranges you are dealing with. I used to use a .260 for PDogs but have since changed to a 6 dasher. All my friends that go on our annual PDog hunt use 6.5 Creed or .308. The reason is range. When we went to CO a couple of years ago, the closest range was 400 yards with most shots at 500 to 600 yards, which the smaller calibers don't reach out to well. When we went to South Dakota, there were plenty of targets from 100 yards out to as far as you can reach. I typically shoot PDogs at over 300 yards as I do it for the challenge, not just trying to decimate the population.

If you are spending thousands already on travel, guide, etc, then spending another $1 per round is nothing. If you live in South Dakota and shoot PDogs or other varmint on the way to work, then something like the .223 might be a better option.

One of the 5 rifles I took to South Dakota was the 6.5 CM AR-10 platform. First time for the 6.5, it was great for bucking the wind and air time when hitting the dogs.
24" heavy barrel, using 95 V-Max, 90 Nosler Varmageddon, Speer TNT.
Doing some DNR deer damage doe tags the other evening, put a doe down in her tracks. Left a 3" exit wound from the 90 Nosler Varmageddon. You can shoot what ever tou can afford.