6.5 Grendel or 264 LBC experience

rcol317

I've got the hots to buy a 264 LBC to shoot coyotes with. I understand the 6.5 Grendel and the 264 LBC are virtually the same but I have not seen any information from guys using them on coyotes. Seems to me would be a great rifle for coyotes and hogs out to 300-400 yards. Curious ? Rick

A 20" 6.5 Grendel AR is my goto predator rifle. The 95gr Hornady A-Max ahead of a healthy load of H335 is a good mix of Speed and BC. The A-Max expands aggressively, even at 420 yds, which is as far out as I've taken it. That said, if you want even more Speed/range in an AR predator gun, there are a couple impressive "Improved" 6mmAR rounds that push 105s at 2900fps http://www.6mmar.com/6mmAR_Turbo_40_Improved.php

I had one. Ended up selling the barrel, bolt, and dies and just going back to .223. Part of the fun for me is the economy of shooting the semi. Lost a bit of that with the 6.5. At the end of the day I'd rather pay the extra powder cost and just shoot my 6.5 creedmoor or take the savings and shoot the 223. Your mileage may vary.

Thanks for the input. I did in fact pick up a 264 LBC with a 24" 8 twist barrel. Looking forward to trying several loads. Thanks for the confirmation on the 95 gr. V max. Have them on order we'll see how they work. Rick

The Grendel is my primary coyote hunting rig. Have you been to the Grendel forum? They have lots of load data and Coyote/hog hunting vids/threads. Good crowd. DNS is there lots w/some great vids/stories.

Well I finally bought a .264 LBC but am shooting 6.5 Grendel brass with reloads. It's deadly on hogs with 120 gr Sierra's but I'm going to see about some other bullets. I love the Les Baer rifle and the accuracy is incredible but I'm having some challenges with the 120 and how they cycle, seems to work better with the plastic tipped bullets . Will keep on tryin g not ling the right round.

I have 3 6.5 Grendel's 2 ARs and a encore...by far my favorite caliber in a AR...100 grain and 120 grain bullets are perfect...130 are too heavy for the cartridge....you will love it...kills all out of proportion of what it is

The CZ527 in 6.5 Grendel has been working so well I have started putting parts together for an AR upper.
Not very impressive on paper but has taken 4 antelope past 400 yards an has become my favorite prairie dog gun.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.