6.5 GAP 4S Pressure Issues

Good to hear the pressure issues are gone. I have a 6.5 SS its a variation off the saum case. My mild load is 60.1 h-1000. I noticed groups start to open up around 70 rounds. So I try to clean around 40-50 rounds. First patch is always brake clean and then I run a few patches of bore tech. No brush, I have over 600 rounds so far with no issues. I always clean out the chamber as well. The brake clean does a good job removing carbon. That's a lot of powder for the bore size and will require more frequent cleaning compared to something like my 6.5x47. It's usually good for over 200 rds.

Good to hear the pressure issues are gone. I have a 6.5 SS its a variation off the saum case. My mild load is 60.1 h-1000. I noticed groups start to open up around 70 rounds. So I try to clean around 40-50 rounds. First patch is always brake clean and then I run a few patches of bore tech. No brush, I have over 600 rounds so far with no issues. I always clean out the chamber as well. The brake clean does a good job removing carbon. That's a lot of powder for the bore size and will require more frequent cleaning compared to something like my 6.5x47. It's usually good for over 200 rds.
Thanks! It's awesome to have a site like this where you are bound to find someone who has seen your problem before and so many are willing to help. Shot 60.6 grains of H1000 yesterday for 3120 fps and not even the faintest of marks on the brass.

While i agree i think H1000 is also a culprit to the issue. It's just sooty as hell. We're having similar issues in our 6.5 GAP 4S. So i switched to RL26 and some 7977.

I don't think i've cleaned my 6.5x47 in almost 500rds now.

While i agree i think H1000 is also a culprit to the issue. It's just sooty as hell. We're having similar issues in our 6.5 GAP 4S. So i switched to RL26 and some 7977.

Whatever was coating my chamber must have been a lubricant or cleaner that was colorless. Swab didn't come out dirty at all when I cleaned with solvent.

How is the RL26 doing for you in the 6.5 GAP 4S? I had to switch to VV N570 in 28 Nosler because RL33 was so dirty......and temperature sensitive (at least for Texas). Now I've got over 7 pounds of it sitting in the closet.

Thanks! It worked!!
How do you recommend cleaning the chamber?
I've always used Quick-Scrub III made by Shooter's Choice to clean the chamber over at least 17+ years for that reason, and never had an issue. Maybe that's why after reading this....... glad you got that figured out!

Good luck.

It just might be. I noticed it dirtys up my can quickly when using it. Thats the nice thing about the saum case is that it works well with a variety powders that give high velocity.

Do you know if h4831sc or retumbo are cleaner than h-1000?

It just might be. I noticed it dirtys up my can quickly when using it. Thats the nice thing about the saum case is that it works well with a variety powders that give high velocity.

Do you know if h4831sc or retumbo are cleaner than h-1000?

I do not unfortunately i have very little experience with the SAUM we just got one for Dad's 60th and i'm building my self a 7SS. I've got groups ready to go over RL26 and apparently it is somewhat cleaner. I've used both other Enduron powders and they've been clean so while 7977 is generic h1000 or very similar i expect it to be cleaner.

You will like the 7SS with 180s at 3050 in that short fat case. The Norma brass is soft but the pockets hold up well. From time to time there will be one that has a loose pocket from the beginning but not a big deal. You can tighten it up.

Glad to hear positive results with the enduron line. Rl26 seems to be a hit. I've been wanting to test imr 4451,7977,and 8133. Hoping the will be similar to the Hodgon extreme line. And never go on backorder so I don't have to worry about running out.

You will like the 7SS with 180s at 3050 in that short fat case. The Norma brass is soft but the pockets hold up well. From time to time there will be one that has a loose pocket from the beginning but not a big deal. You can tighten it up.

Glad to hear positive results with the enduron line. Rl26 seems to be a hit. I've been wanting to test imr 4451,7977,and 8133. Hoping the will be similar to the Hodgon extreme line. And never go on backorder so I don't have to worry about running out.

I'm hoping for 3000 with 180gr ELD-Ms. I figured Norma brass wasn't too soft.

I've ran 4166, 4451, an now we have 7977. But both 4166 and 4451 have been fine.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.