6.5 GAP 4s help

Iclimb

Hello, I'm wondering if I can use a 7saum bushing set for a 6.5 saum. My question is mostly regarding the body die...is the body between a 7 saum different from a 300 saum (I'm thinking the gap SAUM is based off a 300 saum). My plan is to get a Redding bushing neck set. But I need to know I'd the body die in that sat will work.

Thanks,
Jake

Yes that will work.

I have a GAP 6.5 Xterme Hunter and I'm using a 300 Redding type S die set with a competition seater. The case bodies between the 300 saum and 7 saum are the same. If sizing 300 cases you'll have to size down in there steps. The 7mm cases will be a two step process. GAP is now selling Hornady 6.5 saum brass on their website. It is not the cheapest but for peace of mind plus you should be able to get 6-8 reloadings per case it's actually worth every cent.

Check out this site, it should answer all your questions...

Care And Feeding Of A GAP 6.5 SAUM.....

Thank you. Yeah I planned on getting some of there brass. It all sold out so fast last time. I was able to find some brass so I'm going to get the 7saum dies for loading depending on how much gap has the die price jacked up on their dies

Whatever bushing die set you decide to get it, remember to remove the inside neck decapping pin sizer. Sizing the inside neck totally defeats the purpose when using a bushing die. Good luck, the 6.5 saum is a laser.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.