6.5 creedmoor Browning BLR

stephenr6565

I have been wanting to buy a browning BLR lever action for a while to just throw in the truck when I head up to the mountains to shoot coyotes and what ever unlucky critters that might find themselves in my path and maybe deer aswell but I couldn't decide which cartridge I wanted, finally I decided a 243 is what I want so I got on brownings website and the longest barrel they have is a 20" 10 twist in the 243 I would prefer I 24" but would settle with a 22" barrel so that got the wheels in my head turning and if I bought one I would want to re-barrel it with a longer barrel well then I might as well make it what I really would like which is a 6.5 creedmoor so my thoughts were I could buy a 243, 7mm-08 or 308 as a donor and find a smith to re-barrel & chamber it with a 22-24" 6.5 8 twist barrel my thought is everything would work because the 6.5 creedmoor is mostly based on the 308 so my question is will this work and if so do you know a smith that would do this

I have been wanting to buy a browning BLR lever action for a while to just throw in the truck when I head up to the mountains to shoot coyotes and what ever unlucky critters that might find themselves in my path and maybe deer aswell but I couldn't decide which cartridge I wanted, finally I decided a 243 is what I want so I got on brownings website and the longest barrel they have is a 20" 10 twist in the 243 I would prefer I 24" but would settle with a 22" barrel so that got the wheels in my head turning and if I bought one I would want to re-barrel it with a longer barrel well then I might as well make it what I really would like which is a 6.5 creedmoor so my thoughts were I could buy a 243, 7mm-08 or 308 as a donor and find a smith to re-barrel & chamber it with a 22-24" 6.5 8 twist barrel my thought is everything would work because the 6.5 creedmoor is mostly based on the 308 so my question is will this work and if so do you know a smith that would do this

i'd love to see a takedown BLR in 300blk with a threaded muzzle. they have the takedown in 223, it would be a simple matter for them to provide it in 300blk.