6.5 Creedmoor AI. What will this start?

MIGHT wanna, "look into",.. a 6.5 x 55 Sweede,.. Ackleyed !
Lapua Brass, is available ! Or,.. the 6.5 SLR !
The .270 WSM can push, a 140 Berger, 3,180 FPS and Boolitz,.. ARE,. available ,.. LOL !
6.5SLR could get close to 3000fps w. 140s in a 28". I pushed the 140 VLD in my 28" to 2940 w. H4350. Other powders could squeeze a bit more, but brass life would suffer. In my 22" 6.5SLR now that I rebarreled, I get 2800 w. 140s and H4350.

Hi, just wondering if anyone has looked into a 6.5 Creedmoor AI? I'm a fan of the 6.5's I built my son a 6.5 Creedmoor Bat Machine action Obermeyer barrel Jewel trigger McMillan stock shoots awesome with factory ammo it's definitely under .50 mos @ 200 yards . But would a 6.5 Creedmoor AI get to 3000 FPS or better does anyone have any info? If this is doable this might be an easy one to fire form. I think??
Any ideas
Thanks
LOL! My $20 factory rifle with factory ammo shoots under .5 MOA at 200Y.

https://www.longrangehunting.com/threads/i-got-my-first-6-5-cm-for-20.201958/page-3

A 6.5 Creedmoor ai would just be that much more awesomeness. I just had this discussion with @ButterBean and I think I have him convinced! lol

On a serious note I thought about this just because we have a rough loose chambered creed.
@ButterBean is behaving himself extremely well then.

And my reply was " You can put a Giorgio Armani Suit on it if you want to but it's still gonna be a Needmoor"

I load my 264 Win Mag (26" barrel with 7.5" twist) to a bit over 3,000 fps shooting Reloder 26 behind a Berger 156-grain EOL. (That's consistent with QuickLoad's prediction of 3,003 fps with 64.0 grains of powder, right at max pressure.) Shoots well under 0.5 MOA. You don't need a wildcat to get a 6.5 to 3,000 fps. You might need a faster twist rate than the SAAMI standard, depending on caliber and bullet weight.

Last edited:
Call me a "girlie man" but I would be pulling 6.5 CM bullets long before I got to 3000fps. Slick8 got it right.
6.5 PRC or 6.5x284 Norma. Most critters would not notice the extra 150fps. If the extra velocity is for longer range, all the more reason for a PRC. It is more fun to let someone else make your brass so you can spend more time making the shots.
I would have preferred the 6.5 PRC but wrong bolt face, just bought components to help a friend out, just shooting paper and rock chucks

I am at
Hi, just wondering if anyone has looked into a 6.5 Creedmoor AI? I'm a fan of the 6.5's I built my son a 6.5 Creedmoor Bat Machine action Obermeyer barrel Jewel trigger McMillan stock shoots awesome with factory ammo it's definitely under .50 mos @ 200 yards . But would a 6.5 Creedmoor AI get to 3000 FPS or better does anyone have any info? If this is doable this might be an easy one to fire form. I think??
Any ideas
Thanks
I am already there with 120-130g bullets with my creedmoor no pressure either