6.5 Creed rifle choice-Tikka T3X

trueblue

Looking to put together a rifle for my nephew, and think the 6.5 Creed would be a good start for him.
I have never owned aTikka, so am unfamiliar with them. From what I have read, they seem to be well liked. However, I do not like the plastic Tupperware stock.
What stock choices do board members choose?
Also, do you need to change the trigger on these?
So, give me input on how you would setup a light weight 6.5 Creed build.

Trying to do this build on a budget, so if there are other rifle brand choices I should look at in this caliber, please feel free to make your recommendations.

I would buy the wood stocked stainless fluted hunter t3x and install pillars and bed it while sanding barrel channel to free float it. Then you don't need a replacement stock and that's a light weight gun. Triggers are decent in the ones I've handled. Not top quality but plenty good for hunting rifle.

Would one of the new savage 110s be cheaper and work as well? I'm not familiar with the AccuStock.

I like my CTR. Will change the stock eventually. However for a plastic stock, it's fairly good. I love the trigger. Pretty light and crisp. Easy to adjust. I won't be changing it.

Looking to put together a rifle for my nephew, and think the 6.5 Creed would be a good start for him.
I have never owned aTikka, so am unfamiliar with them. From what I have read, they seem to be well liked. However, I do not like the plastic Tupperware stock.
What stock choices do board members choose?
Also, do you need to change the trigger on these?
So, give me input on how you would setup a light weight 6.5 Creed build.

Trying to do this build on a budget, so if there are other rifle brand choices I should look at in this caliber, please feel free to make your recommendations.
I'd look hard at the Ruger American and Ruger Precision Rifles. They have been getting extremely good reviews.

I have 4 in the 6.5's. My favorite a ruger varmit target next ruger precision then a browning long range and I just bought a savage 12fv. I haven't shot the savage much but the other guns shoot better than any other gun I have owned

Have you considered the TC Arms Compass, muzzle is threaded for MB or suppressor and with $75 rebate, you can get them for under $300 ... just a thought for your consideration.

I would buy the wood stocked stainless fluted hunter t3x and install pillars and bed it while sanding barrel channel to free float it. Then you don't need a replacement stock and that's a light weight gun. Triggers are decent in the ones I've handled. Not top quality but plenty good for hunting rifle.

This is exactly what I did with my Tikka 260 T3 Forest. After the pillars/bedding and trigger adjustment I think you'll be surprised at how well it shoots.

This is exactly what I did with my Tikka 260 T3 Forest. After the pillars/bedding and trigger adjustment I think you'll be surprised at how well it shoots.

To save money adding pillars and bedding wood stocked factory rifles is an underrated option

To save money adding pillars and bedding wood stocked factory rifles is an underrated option
For me it isn't really about saving money. I like the wood stock that came on the forest, I ordered it that way, and just want to make my rifles the best I can with what I have. Since I do my own bedding it is a non issue for me to do so.

For me it isn't really about saving money. I like the wood stock that came on the forest, I ordered it that way, and just want to make my rifles the best I can with what I have. Since I do my own bedding it is a non issue for me to do so.

I like wood too. I sold my milspec stock and replaced it with a tiger stripe maple stock.

I like wood too. I sold my milspec stock and replaced it with a tiger stripe maple stock.
I got a decent piece, my buddy does woodwork and liked it. Hard to see all of it with the buttstock cover but its pretty nice for stock.

Attachments

• tikka_260.jpg
    tikka_260.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 175
Can't seem to find one in 6.5 Creed.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.