Tikka T3X

rogerstv

A local sporting goods store has a used Tikka T3x bolt action in 6.5 CM. I am unsure if it is a "light" or any other variation of the model. Price is $499.00. With the light rust from all of those handling it, I will attempt to get it at a lower price than 499.

I read pretty much 100% good reviews of Tikka. My question is...Is this an action I can use at a later date for a custom build? I would buy it, shoot the heck out of it, then probably build a 6mm CM or a .243 AI from it.

Absolutely! Grab it and shoot the heck out of it. You may find it suits you for a long time as is. If you get it, recommend you brake it, bed it and put a yo Dave trigger spring in it, top it with a set of sports match rings and a SWFA mil quad and go have fun!

Just picked up a NIB T3x SS Hunter fluted barrel in .260 this afternoon. I've got a nice little Leo 4.5 x 14 x40 with Warne rings to mount on it. Will be several ounces under eight pounds when its done. Don't know about the trigger spring but will check on that.
Not really a brake guy, I'm deaf enough.

Just checked on that spring. Takes it down to a pound, 12oz pull. Not for me, this is going to be a coyote gun. As if I really need another one....LOL

You can adjust the factory pull Down to 1.5, which is usually plenty low for most hunting rigs, and the 6.5 is one of the few tikkas you can actually seat your bullets out farther with the mag provided, but yes action is very build friendly, you'll get a lot of miles out of it before you need to rebarrel

Get the gun. Cheapest I can find a 'new' one is $629. Dicker on price due to 'handling wear/rust' and save a few more bucks. Shoot the heck out of it 'as is' (skip the brake...it's a 6.5 CM! Hearing loss is a real thing; plus, no one likes "that guy" at the gun range.) Then, in 3000 rounds, when it is ready for a new barrel, you are off to the gunsmith to have one fit, with no troubles. I'm happy for you. New toy time!

I have one. Shoots ELD-x very well. 200 yards groups of 1" on sand bags. Forget the brake, unless you want to be deaf.

I refuse to sit next to any brake at the range.

Last edited:
A local sporting goods store has a used Tikka T3x bolt action in 6.5 CM. I am unsure if it is a "light" or any other variation of the model. Price is $499.00. With the light rust from all of those handling it, I will attempt to get it at a lower price than 499.

I read pretty much 100% good reviews of Tikka. My question is...Is this an action I can use at a later date for a custom build? I would buy it, shoot the heck out of it, then probably build a 6mm CM or a .243 AI from it.
Tikka is made by sako and are fine rifles I own several and all are very accurate !

Bought it for $469.99 w/tax. Unsure how much it has been used.

Unless Scheels placed a new one on the rifle, there is a Tikka/Beretta sticker on the bottom of the forend. Is Sako involved too??

Now waiting for the 72-hour Illinois cooling down period to expire. Have two transfers currently running through the system.

Bought it for $469.99 w/tax. Unsure how much it has been used.

Unless Scheels placed a new one on the rifle, there is a Tikka/Beretta sticker on the bottom of the forend. Is Sako involved too??

Now waiting for the 72-hour Illinois cooling down period to expire. Have two transfers currently running through the system.
That's a great price even if in just good condition. Sako makes Tikkas. Beretta owns Sako now. Far as I know. I put a B&C stock on mine. Much better .

Sako manufacturers Tikkas, Berreta acquired Sako I believe around the turn of the century, the guys will clean that up if need be but I think that's the scuttlebutt

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.