Tikka T3x Stock

areyoujelen

Hi guys, this is more of a what would you do type question. I have been bouncing the idea of getting a Tikka T3x around for a little while. I love the idea of their modular stock, but does or could it measure up to some of the aftermarket stocks? If I was to pillar (I have all of the parts from a previous build I decided against) and glass bed the stock would it be equivalent to an aftermarket stock? I like the idea of being able to change out the grips according to the type of hunt I will be going on. So I guess my question sums up to If you were to have the option of keeping the factory modular stock vs switching to aftermarket what would you do? Keeping in mind this will be a medium weight gun that will be used for everything from spot and stalk to long range hunting. Also, if you would choose the aftermarket stock could you give your reasoning behind it? Thanks for the help!

plenty of chassis options out there but the German Gun Stock (not German Rifle Stock) is a great option for the tikkas. Manners has a 6 month waiting list. I canceled my order with them and went with a german gun stock. check them out on facebook or google their site.

I would suggest trying it out first before doing anything to it. I have a T3 Varmint which shoots great just the way it came. I cannot believe it would shoot any better with an aftermarket stock. I don't know if the T3x stocks were made with the same material as the T3.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.