Barrel to Stock gap Tikka T3X Timber

dkwellman

I changed bottom metal and screws but now I've noticed a bigger than normal gap between the barrel and stock. Any suggestions?
Might not be a problem. Gun has not been fired after changes.

If it's thicker then it will push your action up higher and away from the stock. As long as the action is properly bedded in the stock the extra height shouldn't hurt anything
If the bottom metal is thicker, it will push your action higher?

I could be wrong but the thickness of the bottom metal on a tikka shouldn't affect the height of the action. Only the screw engaging in the action would be affected as the bottom metal and action is separated by the stock.

If your action is riding higher after the bottom metal was installed check to see if your action screws are too long as that would be a bad thing. Just my humble opinion…. Good luck

Ok. Thanks. I'll take it apart & make sure everything is seated right.
Try and see if there is anything that could had gotten between the action and stock or if the action is actually seating well in the recoil lug. For a tikka no matter what you use for a bottom metal, it should never affect the seated height of the action. If I'm wrong I apologize. Just my humble opinion. Good luck

Try and see if there is anything that could had gotten between the action and stock or if the action is actually seating well in the recoil lug. For a tikka no matter what you use for a bottom metal, it should never affect the seated height of the action. If I'm wrong I apologize. Just my humble opinion. Good luck
Thanks. I'll take a look tomorrow. I ordered new screws but it doesn't look right

If the bottom metal is thicker, it will push your action higher?

I could be wrong but the thickness of the bottom metal on a tikka shouldn't affect the height of the action. Only the screw engaging in the action would be affected as the bottom metal and action is separated by the stock.

If your action is riding higher after the bottom metal was installed check to see if your action screws are too long as that would be a bad thing. Just my humble opinion…. Good luck
Your not wrong, a thick bm would shorten screw engagement, not push up an action.

Dollar to a donut the action is resting on top of the recoil lug and not seated in the groove

If I recall correctly one of the action screws is longer than the other. They are enough different that that they can only be useful one way.