6-284 load

I do have the rifle together. I put it together yesterday. Do you have some recipes for reloader powders?

When my rifle was finished .Gunsmith told me to start at lowest load and work up in .3 gr increments. I started out at 41grs of Re#22 pushing Sierra 107 gr (,lowest load felt like I was firing a flintlock) Now I have settled on 53.5 grs of Re#22 for a velocity of 3,450. Do you have Sierra's 5th Edition ? They have some great starting loads for this cartridge. I posted on 24 hr Campfire and another shooter responded with his experience of burning up his bbl using Ramshot Magnum.............. Later this year a new powder is supposed to be coming out called Re#33 it might be interesting to try.

Thanks ironworker ill have to try it out. I have reloader 22 and like it in my 243 ai with 95 grain bullets. I have heard that between lots it is not consistent though

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.