58-59 gr RL19, 168 TTSX, 24" 30-06, best guess?

entoptics

For more information click here...

Short story for those that don't click above...

Chrony died in the middle of "developing" a load for a rifle I'm sending to a buddy who's a new shooter. Won't have time to collect dope or velocity before it goes in the mail.

I'm hoping to get a rough idea of the how fast that a 168 TTSX, on top of 58.5 gr of RL19, will be going from a 24" old Rem ADL. I can guess based on load data, but I figured a few real world examples would help refine it. He won't be shooting miles, and will only be after 200-500 yd targets on a square range for awhile.

What I know...

59.0 gr RL19 = pancaked primers, slight bolt lift and ejector wipe.
58.5 gr RL19 = no lift/wipe, but clearly on the stout end based on POI and shoulder chronograph.

What I also know...
TTSX 1.jpeg

TTSX 2.jpeg

...Is that it seems to want to shoot near where I'm at. Obviously can't use the 59.0 load, but 58-58.5 will be OK.

I used the most precise reloading techniques to develop this load...

1) I have 3/4 of a box of TTSX that shot like crap in my 308 AR. Might as well try them.
2) I have RL19 that I don't use for anything. Might as well try it.
3) 10 minutes of eyeballing Hodg/Nos/Alliant/Barnes internet data. Chose a couple charges 1-2 gr under max.
4) Stuffed the TTSX in "well south of the lands" based on BTO comparisons with a couple other bullets I actually measured for OAL at some point for the rifle.
5) Setup chrony for testing.
6) Destroyed chrony testing loads I already had data for.
7) Realized I shoulda shot the TTSX first...Sigh...

Anyway, can you help a brother out with your results for RL19 and TTSX?

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.