53gr vmax

I would also think on a coyote they would be a little light. I'm shooting groundhogs and other small stuff with them. For bigger stuff I would probably use at a barns tsx or maybe the 64gr nosler solid base, both plenty tough.
I would have thought they would be light on yotes too. But I read a thread today where there were multiple posts of yote hunters happy with the 53 gr vmax. They work great on rats and two badgers we shot out to 200 yards. Mine is leaving the HBAR @3080 fps.

Tried the 53 Vmax because of their higher bc (vs 55gr). Use them because they are accurate and effective. They have shot well in all my 223/5.56 bolt and ar rifles and all my 22-250's. I do step up to 22 creed or 224 Valkyrie and 75 gr eldx in long range country.

Attachments

• 63B950C5-B341-4B7B-9DD4-F410B14DF85C.jpeg
    63B950C5-B341-4B7B-9DD4-F410B14DF85C.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 65
Most all my shots are inside 300 yds. There are not too many longer shots in my area. I don't see there being too much difference between the 53 and the 55 in the terminal effect. The 53's shoot better for me so i will keep shooting them.

I've got a ruger predator with ar mag. I loaded them to mag length so I could shoot them in either it or my ar. Only shot them from the ruger so far but they have done way better than the 55 vmax. I've only tried the one powder so far but it's good enough for 1/2" groups with these 53s and the 73gr eldm also. I'm plenty happy with that accuracy for the 300yd max distance I have to shoot. Central nc isn't known for its long shots. I've got some asc stainless 5rd mags that let me load to 2.312 oal but only use them in the ruger.
Run an old school aluminum mag and you can seat them further out than a plastic magpul.

I have some asc stainless mags that let me load to 2.312". The conversion with ai type mags let you get 2.500" oal. Need to call and get the parts, wish you could just order them online.
Yeah my understanding is the AICS mags are the way to go on a bolt action. ASC stainless can be made to get either 2.310" from the factory or with modification over 2.400" on a AR15.

my rifle shoots the 73gr eldm seated to max length in the asc mag really well. I haven't tried them seated to ar mag length. Rather have that room for powder.

Recent Posts