The butt
100_3175.jpg

And a very bad day for an unlucky Badger
100_3177.jpg

53gr vmax
41.5gr Biggame
Rem 9 1/2
Nosler cases

The rifle is a Savage 110 still wearing the factory stock, with 26" Shillen Premium Match grade Barrel #5 conture, The action was trued when the barrel was installed.

The next step is to give it a laminated thumb hole stock with extra wood left on so I can make it fit me.

Nice...I just loaded up 15 rounds of those vmax 53s with some varget ..hope she shoots it good...its got a killer BC for a .224 bullet!

Nice...I just loaded up 15 rounds of those vmax 53s with some varget ..hope she shoots it good...its got a killer BC for a .224 bullet!

Varget was one of the powders I initially started with. I went with Biggame only because it's a ball powder. They both produced similar accuracy in the early stages getting better the harder I pushed it. Varget should work for ya. :cool:

Varget was one of the powders I initially started with. I went with Biggame only because it's a ball powder. They both produced similar accuracy in the early stages getting better the harder I pushed it. Varget should work for ya. :cool:

hope so..I liked the H380 alot but the powder is just to **** sensitive to temperature...Ill keep biggame in mind.

hope so..I liked the H380 alot but the powder is just to **** sensitive to temperature...Ill keep biggame in mind.
H380 was my go to powder for a long time also. It didn't look like it would show the velocities I was after though. Now to wait till I can get my hands on a can of CFE223, when ever the stores here can get some in:rolleyes:

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.