50 Beowulf- Anyone want to take a guess?

by the way that renieer hp is a great whitetail bullet. It expands well and holds together even on a shoulder shot. For pigs and black bear the solid has worked great. My wife actually shot a 1600 lb water buffalo with the beo using Kelly sheleps (belt mountain base pin fame) solid brass punch bullets. Shot twice broadside and both bullets exited. A third was shot going away and hit just ahead of the hind quarter and was found bulging the skin after breaking the front shoulder. First shot would have killed the buffalo if we would have let it go for a minute or two.

I have to retract the hp recommendation. Ive shot a few with it with excellent results but this last buck an 150lb 8 pointer was shot in the shoulder and the bullet raised hell. I completely bloodshot both shoulders and made a mess out of the whole rib cage. it did penetrate both shoulders and exited but it looked like a bomb went off in it so im guessing the consistency of those hps might be in question. I think if I was to do it again id just use the rieneer flat point.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts