5 for 5 with 6x45

Can you Over twist? In a 6mm the 1:10twist is right for 100gr. Maybe some one that knows about twist rates can chime in about Over twisting and the effects on stability And expansion?
James
I don't think 8 would be over twisting since most people shooting 6mm for comps are running 8s or even 7s for the 105-115s. The 6/45, in my guess, won't be fast enough to worry about overspin but I don't know that for sure.

I have a 6x45 for sale, if interested...at:

Favorite 6x45 brass is whatever 223 brass is laying on the ground at the range when I go ....hA ha

but seriously, when hunting i always attempt to pick up brass but I use this gun to harvest lots of deer and can't be worried about loosing a couple brass, that's why I like it. James

Got mine completed. 7.5 twist Hawk Hill barrel at 18". Working on 95 vld loads now. Hope to have same success as everyone else on this thread.

65gr is a good weight class to make big holes in varmint but I've found it's not enough weight for my use in culling deer. I draw the line at 80gr min as "enough gun" for deer.

80gr @ 2800fps still carries over 1000ftlb energy out to 110yds. That's why the 6x45 is my budget high volume deer rifle.
James