5 Cats Euthanized Over 1 Pet

• Thread starter Deleted member 107796
  • Start date
.....Nuisance animals can be dealt with most of the time without fatal results for the animal. Dangerous animals are a different story and hear lies the problem.

.........In some areas trapping and relocating works well, ..........J E CUSTOM

I have a problem with the falsehoods we've endured here. Lost our hounds, and this was predicted. The cats will end up dead, you can collect license fees etc., or pay a group of "pro's" at extra ordinary expense, and poor efficacy.

There is literally no "some where else" only "someone else's backyard (problem) " the cats are destroyed, but heaven forbid we tell the truth, better to treat the public like a bunch of children, and indulge their fantasy.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/idaho-woman-breaks-dog-fight-realizes-grabbed-juvenile/story?id=60910981

A common story these days.

Hell, we'll take anything but more masses of humanity!
We have lots of cats and little humanity in the four corners area. I have moved away and now live in the city and I can sympathize with you. Where I live now is the fastest growing area in the USA

Humans living outside of city limits...hmmm.....
Maybe the management team should have collected a huge fee from that family IF they don't hunt or fish...promote the fact that taking the lives of the cats to protect "city dwellers turned suburban" cost money...and that the use of dogs to hunt the cats and bears is a good way to keep those particular animals away from human areas.....

Killing five cats....big deal....they aren't on any endangered listing that know of........take a bunch more...please....

"....but heaven forbid we tell the truth, better to treat the public like a bunch of children, and indulge their fantasy."

The truth is the overpopulation in humanity. The fantasy is the belief that the only nuisance species are non-human. I don't hate humanity, I hate its' ignorance and the PC that we should not strive for a balance, especially for some senseless monetary concern. I'll add what another poster wrote, slightly changed to add an example:

"Killing five hounds....big deal....they aren't on any endangered listing that know of."

I'll let this horse die and take my opinions where they belong, to the Glenwood Ranger District.

This will always be a controversial subject and there is no one correct answer to the problem.

Nuisance animals can be dealt with most of the time without fatal results for the animal. Dangerous animals are a different story and hear lies the problem.

In some areas trapping and relocating works well, especially if the animal is indoctrinated to believe the residential area as a bad place. some states like Maine use dogs and non lethal shot shells to re indoctrinate them with good success.

Most of the time people are at fault for leaving food out or even feeding
animals because they want to see them. Feeding deer is common, but when predators become aware that there is food on the hoof that is easy pickings predators can become a problem.

In the South it is the same with Alligators. People feed the cute little beast and then one day a 10 footer shows up and he wants his share. normally it ends up being the loss of there pet.

I live next to several hundred acres of woods and everything from squirrels to hogs and deer live there. We solved some of the problems with cyan pepper others were trapped and hosed down (They didn't like it and don't hang around any more). We also have a snake problem from time to time and only spare the non poisonous ones that take care of most rodents) they avoid the weed eater treatment.

Small children add a new level of preservation to the problem, and normally the final solution may be the only option. Sad but true.

J E CUSTOM
From what I've heard, and it's just that, hear say, cats that have been moved just go back home. Works well on bears but not lions.

Kind of like "feral horses" sounds like a good deal on somebody else's dime, push comes to shove you can't give them away. Now that being housebroken is no longer a requirement in our urban environments, lots of good grazing in those city parks.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts