5.56 Nato convertion in 223 Rem

I buy once fired Lake City 5.56 brass, resize it with a .223/5.56 die and trim to length.

Your load data and chamber pressure depends on the length of the freebore.

30B6HJE.jpg

If you look in your reloading manuals the majority of the loading data is for the short throated .223 rifles with a 1in12 or 1in14 twist. My Savage .223 with a 1in9 twist has a longer throat than my AR15 rifles and can be loaded warmer.

LjAQ7L9.jpg

PExmCCk.jpg

I buy once fired Lake City 5.56 brass, resize it with a .223/5.56 die and trim to length.

Your load data and chamber pressure depends on the length of the freebore.

30B6HJE.jpg

If you look in your reloading manuals the majority of the loading data is for the short throated .223 rifles with a 1in12 or 1in14 twist. My Savage .223 with a 1in9 twist has a longer throat than my AR15 rifles and can be loaded warmer.

LjAQ7L9.jpg

PExmCCk.jpg
Yes i have 1/12 twist barell..
Now in yours opinion i trim the brass and resize then load and shoot right?

I trim after full length resizing, the case grows in length during full length sizing.

wm05ArY.gif

Full length size your new brass, then trim for even case necks and uniformity. De-burr the inside and outside, then load starting with the lowest charge in the loading manual. Varget or Benchmark are good powders to start with. Loading manuals show the max case length, .010" less than max is OK. Some loading manuals show a "trim to length", also.

Full length size your new brass, then trim for even case necks and uniformity. De-burr the inside and outside, then load starting with the lowest charge in the loading manual. Varget or Benchmark are good powders to start with. Loading manuals show the max case length, .010" less than max is OK. Some loading manuals show a "trim to length", also.
Thanx sir for your detaild reply
Regards

Actually varget and other powder,s not available in my country that is the main issue...
I have 5.56 Rounds and utlize the powder of 5.56 in 223rem..as per my info Nato using H335 in 5.56 nato