4k pro vs wraith max

I would stay away from anything ATN. I don't know anyone satisfied with their customer service. The wraith is distributed by Sightmark and their customer service is top notch. They replaced a wraith eyecup without question. I have three of the wraith's, to 4 powers and a 2 power. These are great entry level scopes for night hunting. They do not compare to good thermal but are usable along side someone with a thermal scope or spotter. My biggest recommendation is to get a better IR light and with a Sniper Hog Lite you can't go wrong. Look at the videos from outdoorlegacygear.com which are the Late Night Vision show and make a decision. Spend some time watching their videos. They, rightly, always recommend an improved IR for any night vision scope.

I have purchased 3 Wraith 4K Max this year. I use a thermal scanner to locate then the Wraith to identify. Notice the earlier post with pics of donkeys. Had he not said those were donkeys I would have assumed they weren't coyotes, but didn't see donkeys until he called it out. The rabbit was obvious. Thermal locates incredibly well. With the Wraith alone, unless hunting in open snow, locating means constant scanning through a scope mounted in a rifle. With a thermal scope you spot critters quick, but positive identification can be iffy. Pulling a trigger is a serious decision with consequences. The Wraith gives near day scope clarity at night. Not only can I see a deer, I can tell it is a buck and even judge the rack. Not saying I hunt deer this way, but trying to describe the amazing clarity. Add a hand held thermal to safely and quickly scan and then use the scoped rifle to identify and shoot. A thermal scope in a rifle requires constantly scanning through a rifle mounted optic and lacks the ability to clearly identify your target and what is behind it. With thermal, clarity costs a lot more than your budget allows. A great source of info and products is Paul at Predator Hunter Outdoors. Look into upgrading the illuminator to make the Wraith a 1\4 mile effective tool. Paul sells a package with Nightsnipe 750 illuminator that still leaves money in your budget to go towards the handheld thermal scanner for a truly effective and safe kit for under $1,500.

Oh, the reason I bought 3 is because every time a buddy sees how good it works they ask me to order them the same set up. Wraith 4K Max and Nightsnipe 750 illuminator. Predator Hunter Outdoors throws in a back up battery pack. Look them up on the internet. They sell thermal and night vision, all the brands. They are located in Michigan and ship fast.

Looking to purchase my first budget night scope. Have it down to 4k pro of wraith max. Which is best in your eyes? Would love to pony up some more cash but this is my budget at the moment.
I had a 4K Pro for a while recently and it worked very well. I only used it one season then sold it though because I didn't like the night blindness you suffer after looking through the optic. It might be OK if you did all your 'scanning' by looking at an Ipad feed or something but after I looked through that optic at night, I couldn't see anything for a while afterwards and that just didn't work for me.

I would stay away from anything ATN. I don't know anyone satisfied with their customer service. The wraith is distributed by Sightmark and their customer service is top notch. They replaced a wraith eyecup without question. I have three of the wraith's, to 4 powers and a 2 power. These are great entry level scopes for night hunting. They do not compare to good thermal but are usable along side someone with a thermal scope or spotter. My biggest recommendation is to get a better IR light and with a Sniper Hog Lite you can't go wrong. Look at the videos from outdoorlegacygear.com which are the Late Night Vision show and make a decision. Spend some time watching their videos. They, rightly, always recommend an improved IR for any night vision scope.
For the record, I had good customer service from them. When I bought my 4K Pro, they were running a special where you got a free, enhanced second illuminator, but when I got mine, I couldn't get the second illuminator to work. They quickly sent me a replacement, which worked fine. When I swapped the battery from the replacement with the original one, it worked fine so all I had to do was buy a replacement battery and I had three illuminators.

I would recommend checking into PARD optics as well. They have some great options for the money and I have been very impressed with the ones I have compared other lines.