460 Rowland

MagTen

Has anyone done any hunting with a Glock 460 Rowland or carry one for self preservation while in "get eatin' " country?

big_bear.jpg

I havent had any experience with the glock conversion. Ive gone hunting with my Springfield 1911 that has the 460 conversion on it. I put the burris fastfire on top of it. Even with crappy .45ACP ammo it shoots 3 inches or better at 50 yards. I have managed to get 2 whitetail does with it so far. One was at 10 yards and the other was at 30. Smaller critters such as rabbits and stuff get destroyed by it:D We dont have too many chew on yas around here in northeast iowa. There is a few bear and mountain lion but theyre pretty scarce. We did have a bear sighting on the farm and she had some cubs with her. So I do carry it on me while hunting.

Has anyone done any hunting with a Glock 460 Rowland or carry one for self preservation while in "get eatin' " country?

big_bear.jpg

I was born and raised in N.C. wherever you were when THAT THING chased you up that tree, please tell me me so I will be sure not to go there. Maybe it was good that I moved to S.C. !

I have a glock, still waiting on the long slide for it. it doesn't feed realiably enough for me to carry it. but the longer slide helped with the feeding issue on my 10mm with full loads. I ended up getting a .500 mag. cant wait to get the slide though.

I have a glock, still waiting on the long slide for it. it doesn't feed realiably enough for me to carry it. but the longer mag helped with the feeding issue on my 10mm with full loads. I ended up getting a .500 mag. cant wait to get the slide though.

I've been playing with a 20 with loads from lite to 1150ish with 200 grainers and can say that I haven't had any feeding/cycling issues with mine. It might insult my senses but I can't say that Blocks aren't dependable.
What type of issues are you having ?
I did spring mine up for the heavier loads.

the 10mm is fine now that I put the longer slide on it, but it was as if the slide was cycling too fast and the next round was getting jammed/wedged somehow. I have heavy springs on my glocks aswell. as said before the g20 is fine now(I really like it) but the same problem is going on with the g21. hoping the slide helps. ive been messing with this build since last winter lol

If you fired a round with a empty mag, would the slide lock back? Just trying to gain smarts at your expense because a friend is floating the idea of a long slide for his.

I don't have the long slide form the g21 yet but it locks open with the stock slide. what kind of conversions do you guys have on your glocks. I have lonewolf on mine.

My first reloads

45 WinMag on left. 460 Rowland with 225 grain Barnes XPB and 460 Rowland with 185 grain speer Gold Dot.

460_rowland-reloads.jpg

460rowland.jpg

460rowland2.jpg

Photos of comparison of winmag with 225 grain barnes and 460 Rowland with same slug and mushroom difference. These are my 2 favorite slugs for field self defense and hunting.

WM_rowland_barnes1.jpg

WM_rowland_barnes2.jpg

what pound recoil spring are you using for the glock? i switched from the 24# to a 20# and the gun seems to be cycling much better with the 460 rounds. also what kind of ammo do you use if you buy off the shelf?

I am using the spring sent to me from Rowland. The only factory ammo I have purchased is from Buffalo Bore in the 185 grain. Plan to use all my reloads from now on.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.