4 Hogs and a Tree In The Rain

Double Naught Spy

We had tracked these hogs across a field via their very fresh rooting. It had been raining on and off all evening and the field was a mix of grass and mud, but where the hogs had rooted, they had brought up dry ground and turned it over on the surface. So we knew the rooting was very fresh.

Spied the hogs in the uncleared next field, full of mesquite trees and other brush. We advanced as far as the fence and set up to shoot. We could not all get clear shots at the same time due to the vegetation and landscape. We wanted to get closer, but the fence was just too noisy to cross. So we backtracked around and crossed into a side field and made a second approach only to be thwarted by another fence. By this time, we had a slightly better view, but the hogs had moved off and now were at 70-75 yards. We set up to shoot and were still having problems all getting on hogs at the same time. We all got on hogs and mine moved behind a couple of trees and I figured I still had a shot. The hogs were not getting any closer...

[ame]https://youtu.be/hYujM27HBMg[/ame]

Nice job, good hunt. Shooting through trees is always a challenge and isn't always successful as those of us in Texas have learned again, and again and... .

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.