3rd powder option for 300 Win Mag - Advice please

I think the whole "Temperature sensitive" thing gets over blown. If you shoot enough and record your data [and shooting far you had better be] you will know what to expect. I live in the North country too and MRP/R22 has worked very well for me in several belted magnums and steller in my belted .30's. 4831, 7828 have worked great too.

This is easy ... H-4350... Yeah it's a little fast, yeah you'll loose a little velocity, but it always gives me great groups no matter what I shoot it in and since cleansing my reloading inventory down to just 3 powders, H-4350, IMR 4064, V-133, that's all I got that will work, life is so much easier since the great cleansing of odd ball everything, guns, powders, primers and about everything else life is much easier..a few 8 lb kegs and I'm good to go these days.

I think that the wide range of powders mentioned here testifies to the easy temperament of one of the greatest cartridges ever devised.

I'll give 7828 and RL22 votes.

I run a 1000yrd comp rifle, 3 seperate barrels in that rifle, and a hunting rifle in the same 300WM with the same loads.
The temp sensitive thing has never effected my rifles and I run RE25 with either 180gr or 200gr Accubonds.
I work up in very hot temps, take my chrono readings and re-test in cooler months and take my dopes at those readings. I have only experienced a node shift once, and that was in my 25-06 short range F-Class comp rifle, it totally dropped out of the node, I got a DNF for that shoot, I threw in the towel! The day was very cold, only a few degrees above freezing.
I have since switched to Retumbo in my 25-06 with a loss in velocity. It appears to have no swings in velocity at all.

Cheers.
gun)

This is easy ... H-4350... Yeah it's a little fast, yeah you'll loose a little velocity, but it always gives me great groups no matter what I shoot it in and since cleansing my reloading inventory down to just 3 powders, H-4350, IMR 4064, V-133, that's all I got that will work, life is so much easier since the great cleansing of odd ball everything, guns, powders, primers and about everything else life is much easier..a few 8 lb kegs and I'm good to go these days.

there is a lot to be said for that,

i think your 1000 will treat you right,

if you do a little development with the 1000 and your accuracy is on the low side of the workup. then, id try the retumbo in hopes of catching that accuracy on the high side

H1000 pushing Berger 215 hybrid has been mentioned a couple time. This combo is tough to beat. I've run this combo in my 300s from sub zero AK to as hot as 97 degrees in Northern Nevada as recent as yesterday. Temp sensitive, I think its all smoke and mirrors. Or has far less effect than what is written.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.