3rd annual pa woodchuck fest

well we need a shot count also joel. sometimes kevin dont use enough fingers when he counts.
im leaving here the 15th for a month up there. so if your in the need of a place to stay over your welcome.
the bullets are there, and ill somehow get them to you.

as for ritchie, he has alzheimers and it seems to be moving pretty fast. weve known it for going on 2 years, but now its becoming more obvious. last i talked with grace they were having talks about him driving.
ill be calling him today because his 74th was a day or so ago. hopefully he will be at camp for spring gobbler.

If I get up that way and need a place to lay my head, I'll give you a call.

I knew Ritchie was battling Alzheimers, I just didn't know it was moving that fast. I wish him the best. I'm still missing Sam Morrow's presence when I hit the fields we hunted together in Tioga..

hes one of the few guys from your area i didnt get to know. ive heard alot about him though. seem to me his son came to ritchies camp one time and hunted with us. didnt he have a place over near gold?

Sam and his son never really got along, even in the last few weeks of Sam's life. Kind of boggles my mind...

Sam lived in the Ulysses area, and his son lives in Summerdale which is near me.

We pretty much decided not to do a invite to everyone with a pre-determined date this year. The spring has been so screwy with weather and everything greened up faster than I've ever seen before. We haven't been able to get out a whole lot this year due to high grass and rain. The farmers around here are only cutting a small section of grass at a time to make sure they can get it in before it rains. This leaves us with only small strips of fresh cut to look at and the hogs seem to prefer to hide in the taller grass. By the time the weather cooperates to cut some more the previous cut is now too high. Maybe we'll try again next year. Deer and bear are only 6 months away though !!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.