3D printed scope level with an independetly adjustable level section my buddy and I designed!

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by Tyler Kemp, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Tyler Kemp

Tyler Kemp SPONSOR

Hey guys, thought I'd share a neat little project that seems to be wrapped up. I couldn't believe a scope level with an independently adjustable level was $150, so I made my own.

Version 1 has been tested up to 338 Lapua Improved recoil and passed fine. Pictured is Version 2 which is a clamshell design with less pieces to lose. It is on my GAP/CZ/Manners 22. Excuse the bit of finish rubbed off, we were testing different bolt head sizes. A little bit shorter bolt and I'm totally satisfied. They thread into two captured nuts, and the whole assembly is bolted onto the scope via one bolt into helicoils sank into the plastic.

Quite pleased with how it functions, and the finish matches a matte black scope perfectly.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Rich Coyle

Rich Coyle Well-Known Member

Re: 3D printed scope level with an independetly adjustable level section my buddy and I designe

How much you going to charge? How long before you ship them?

3. Tyler Kemp

Tyler Kemp SPONSOR

Re: 3D printed scope level with an independetly adjustable level section my buddy and I designe

If there were to be potential buyers, I would like to streamline the design a bit for aesthetic purposes. That being said, I can have that done within a few days!

The price will be $30. Threads are helicoiled in, so you're screwing metal into metal for good durability.

4. logan197

logan197 Well-Known Member

I would definitely take 2 if you decide to produce them.

5. Rich Coyle

Rich Coyle Well-Known Member

If you make one in 34mm I will take one. Once I get my next scope I will purchase another. Let me know.

6. newmexkid

newmexkid Well-Known Member

I would try one.

7. jfseaman

jfseaman Well-Known Member

First off. That is the coolest design I've seen.

Would you be willing to license or share the file for personal use only?

That would push me over the edge to purchase a 3D printer.

If not I would like to discuss volume pricing.

8. Tyler Kemp

Tyler Kemp SPONSOR

Thanks for the interest guys. I will be sending you each personal messages.

Right now we would like to keep the design private jfseaman, I posted this a few places yesterday evening and it has taken off enough that we will be filing a patent.

This is a side project for our main project, which I will show this site in a few weeks. It's pretty game changing in my opinion. That being said, we are just a few guys with fulltime jobs trying to develop things and a website at the same time. The website is on its way, but not worthy to show to the public yet.

9. jfseaman

jfseaman Well-Known Member

10. Tyler Kemp

Tyler Kemp SPONSOR

Please send me PMs if you interest in obtaining any of these levels. Include your e-mail and I can send you more information.

11. Tyler Kemp

Tyler Kemp SPONSOR

[​IMG]

Here is an updated rendering of our streamlined version!

12. Tyler Kemp

Tyler Kemp SPONSOR

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

30mm design came out mighty fine!

13. FEENIX

FEENIX Well-Known Member

Tyler,

Fixed it for you ...

Ed

Attached Files: