375 Tejas(RUM Improved) Barrel

linuxfreak003

Hey there, so I'm pretty set on building a 375 Tejas (possibly modified slightly, but essentially the same thing), The one thing I haven't decided on is barrel length. What would you all suggest? My father-in-law has a 31" barrel and I love how it shoots, I was thinking maybe 28", but I still want it to shoot at least as well as my father-in-law's gun. Do you think those 3" would make much difference? or how about if I went with 26" or less. I would like to be able to carry it around easier, but how much would I be compromising? Interested to hear all your thoughts on the matter. Thanks.

28" from 31" would probably mean less than 50fps loss because the case capacity to bore size is relatively low. From there on the loss in fps will become greater as you cut it shorter.

28" from 31" would probably mean less than 50fps loss because the case capacity to bore size is relatively low. From there on the loss in fps will become greater as you cut it shorter.
Ok, someone was actually telling me that last week. Although he was saying it didn't matter much past 24", I think he was probably thinking of cartridges more like a 308 though. The RUM is nice and big :)

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.