375 jdj

TXshooter

Ok finding load data for this caliber is really hard. The only stuff out there is for the hornady 220 and 270 bullets. That would be great but then I found out that the 220s are discontinued. I would really like to stay around the 200 -220 gr bulletin range. Has anybody used the Sierra 200FN. I've tried everything to find data and have come up short. Any help would be great. Can I follow the hornady data for the Sierra bullet or maybe use the 375 Winchester data?

Go to Specialty Pistols and go to the forums and post your question to the WVHitman . You can also contact J.D. Jones at SSK industries who developed this round and he will give you load data.

I did call SSK today for scope rings and asked about a load and was told that the hornady handbook was a good source. I pointed out that the bullets were discontinued except the 270 gr and the response was to say that they have those in stock. I didn't want to be pushy and they weren't jumping to share some insight so I left it alone. They were very nice but I'm still stumped for a starting point for a Sierra bullet.

I thought about sticking this in the SP section but it was a reloading question so I figure I'd start here

Sounds typical of SSK from my experience. You are really working with a Wildcat so treat is as one. I personally would take the starting loads from the Hornady data and use the Sierra bullets of same weight and do a work up. Are you shooting a pistol or rifle? I just took a look at my 2011 Hodgdon annual manual and it has some data in the pistol section.

200 Sierra FP COAL 2.750 Rem case, Fed 210M
H4895 start 47.0 max 52.0
H322 Start 45.0 max 50.0

i have a tc contender 23" 375 jdj. best load i got with this combo:
sierra .375 250 gr spt
cci 200 lr primers
re-15 48.0 grs
rem case trim 2.227" (444 marlin formed)
col; 3.120"

The Hornady #26 manual, and the Accurate Arms #2 manual, bot have a variety of loads. If you have a particular powder I can give you that, or PM, an address and I'll print what I have, and mail it to you.

My JDJ shoots 260 grain accubonds a legitimate sub MOA at 100 yards with a stiff charge of H4895, and a CCI LRP. I haven't used any other bullet for this caliber for the last 5 years. It performed as advertised with boar and deer. Forgot to mention I'm shooting a G2 contender frame with a 14 inch barrel

Regards,
Erik

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.