.375 Allen Mag on pigies

Are ya'll thinking about putting a thermal on it? I can not think about anything any more fun.
I will not be using thermal on this. I have a atacr 7-35 going on it. I got it turn key because kirby is so far behind. Still cutting it close but according to him he received my bullets before Christmas so it should be this week or next.
If I had a place to hunt hogs more than once a year i would have thermal in an instant. I have some night vision that works alright for the two nights a year I get to hunt hogs. This trip is for Audad red sheep and oryx. Pigs are just extra and they have plenty.

Mine pushes 350 SMKs @ 3225, 394 grain Hammer Hunters ahead of 150 gr RL-50 @ 3125. With better brass would be considerably more. Pretty much 0.50 MOA two 1500 yards.

More fun than about anything to shoot except for the $2.00 bullets and 47 rounds per pound of powder.

My brass if the original Jamison stuff and isn't all that pressure tolerant.

My attempts with RL-33 resulted in pressure well before acceptable velocity was achieved.

Kirby says the Peterson brass will net me as much as 150 FPS more MV.

When Hammer gets their heavy offerings sorted out I'll upgrade to the better brass.

Thanks, I I'll have the better stuff as kirby said he was using rl33 in mine. I to am waiting for hammer to get them going. For now I'm using lazer 375 and 400gr. Turned my repeater into a single shot before I even got it. Lol of well. Kirby sent me pics yesterday just waiting for better weather for testing.

Just received email from Kirby load work is done for pressure and rl 33 was it with even the 400gr being well over 3100fps and very safe pressure. Sounds like it should be very good at hitting things hard.

It's a .375 improved based off the Chey-tac case. Should push the .375-400gr bullets over 3000fps.
That's just ridiculous. I would quickly hurt myself and go bankrupt shooting anything that fun.

I'm tickled to death pushing the edge of 2,850-3000fps running 250-275gr custom Peregrines in my .375 Rugers.

What kind of muzzle energy are you getting with those?

Just received email from Kirby load work is done for pressure and rl 33 was it with even the 400gr being well over 3100fps and very safe pressure. Sounds like it should be very good at hitting things hard.
Sounds like good times! Enjoy...

Not sure the muzzle energy till done he did say at very safe pressure it was something like 1800ftlbs at 2000 yards. Crazy I hope it's worth the wait and money.

As built from my 7 year old 375 AM.

395 gr Hammer Hunter, (g1 field tested bc 0.415 to 1125 yards @ 5600' AGL & 65 degrees F) loafing along at 3000 FPS MV results in, according to shooter, 6571 ft-lbs @ 300, 4166 ft-lbs @ 1000 & 2182 FPS and at the sound barrier at my home elevation (generally/around 2600 yards) 1160 ft-lbs.

Kirby says there's most probably another 150 FPS MV attainable if I'd upgrade to the new brass. I"m gonna start a Go Fund Me thing so I can get some. :rolleyes:

"I hope it's worth the wait and money." Hell yes it is!!!

That's good to hear. The new brass is indeed much better he was testing some on my load work and said he was able to get much more velocity and primer pockets were solid. He seemed happy. I'll post the final numbers when he finishes.

Hey guys got back from Texas and didn't get any pig with the .375 but did get a ram at over 400 yards. Knocked it clean over and the one next to him fell over twice trying to get away. I though I got the wrong one. lol I ended up with the 400gr running at 3120fps and it's very mild no pressure at all even in 70 degree weather. Thing is so much fun I can't wait to get more time behind it and stretch it out a bit. Roy you were right so worth the wait. My guide let me shoot a ram just cause he wanted to see it shot. After that he said he would us it for everything. But I couldn't carry it far when after my oryx.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.