37/41 XC for 2 mile?

Coercionist

After a good bit of research and some opportunities I may have (Starting up a big bore shooting team at my college-already has a small bore and air rifle) I have decided if I receive the funding, to build a rifle for KO1M and KO2M type of matches. For the one mile build I the 33xc has it covered, given its efficiency, sheer velocity, and inherent accuracy in many builds posted. But for the 2 mile shot I was considering a second barrel in 37xc or 41xc. The 33xc is for sure a good option for the 1 mile especially with the flatlines and lasers. But I an unsure on the 37/41, does it have enough juice? Ballistically speaking, how do the 37 and 41 compare to each other. Does the case have enough capacity to push the 475-500 grain bullets and if it doesn't then how close is the 37 to the 33? 3350 fps with a 285gr bullet with a BC approaching 1.0 is pretty hard to beat (285 flatline). For the 41, Ive read 2850 fps with a 500gr laser and 33" barrel, does this keep up with the Cheytac. Im planning to use a 36" barrel on this second barrel so I expect 2900 fps out of the same load. If the 37 or 41 XC isn't enough for the 2 mile then I'm toying with the thought of a 416-375 Cheytac imp for efficiency purposes compared to the 416 Barrett.

Here is the link to Jeff's responses regarding ELR shooting and equipment:

https://www.longrangehunting.com/search/449486/

You should spend some time reading his opinions to see if anything helps answer your questions. There is one response specifically which even has photographs. If not then send him a PM to see if he will help add to your information. He has indicated that the rest of us are not qualified to respond, so see what he has to say.;)

Regards.

🙂

Here is the link to Jeff's responses regarding ELR shooting and equipment:

https://www.longrangehunting.com/search/449486/

You should spend some time reading his opinions to see if anything helps answer your questions. There is one response specifically which even has photographs. If not then send him a PM to see if he will help add to your information. He has indicated that the rest of us are not qualified to respond, so see what he has to say.;)

Regards.

🙂
I also get the message "page not found"

After a good bit of research and some opportunities I may have (Starting up a big bore shooting team at my college-already has a small bore and air rifle) I have decided if I receive the funding, to build a rifle for KO1M and KO2M type of matches. For the one mile build I the 33xc has it covered, given its efficiency, sheer velocity, and inherent accuracy in many builds posted. But for the 2 mile shot I was considering a second barrel in 37xc or 41xc. The 33xc is for sure a good option for the 1 mile especially with the flatlines and lasers. But I an unsure on the 37/41, does it have enough juice? Ballistically speaking, how do the 37 and 41 compare to each other. Does the case have enough capacity to push the 475-500 grain bullets and if it doesn't then how close is the 37 to the 33? 3350 fps with a 285gr bullet with a BC approaching 1.0 is pretty hard to beat (285 flatline). For the 41, Ive read 2850 fps with a 500gr laser and 33" barrel, does this keep up with the Cheytac. Im planning to use a 36" barrel on this second barrel so I expect 2900 fps out of the same load. If the 37 or 41 XC isn't enough for the 2 mile then I'm toying with the thought of a 416-375 Cheytac imp for efficiency purposes compared to the 416 Barrett.
the 416 hellfire has all that is needed

the 416 hellfire has all that is needed
From what I've read, it seems the hellfire line of cartridges are similar to a supersized XC/stretched Cheytac case. What kind of ballistics does it have in the 416 variety? Im assuming it rivals the barrett, but Im concerned about brass availability. Ive read that bertram supplies currently or is RCC going to be the way for this cartridge like the 416 warlord and its like. Also how do the warlord and hellfire compare? It seems they are very similar but the hellfire has more support given that it was used to place top 15 in Ko2m very recently.

the 375 hellfire shooting ceb lazers 350 grain 3500 , 400 grain 3250 and the 425 3100 the 416 hf 525 lazers 2950 plus 458 hf 600 grain 2980 great brass we start with 375 brass and neck up