360 Buckhammer

They could not have gone with a 375 diameter ? SOBs I have a 375 Win I need bullets for. 200 gr would be nice. Sure wish I could find a box one of these days. lol
Hawk makes 200 gr 375 bullets

Hawk makes 200 gr 375 bullets
I was on this site before. I had forgot all about them. I had it saved on my other computer. Thanks so much for the reminder & link.

Len, I actually authored the straight wall for MI in 2009 but took 5 years to pass in 2014. The issue is agencies do not want "high" power rifle in shotgun zones. We can have hours of discussion on WTHELLO are they thinking.

In MI, it was based on MI allowed straight wall in handgun so it was simply allow same in rifle configuration. OMG!!!, you would think we were asking for 50BMG! Simply a political decision on their part not based on one shred of ballistics. Finally got it through because it was universally supported by legislative representatives and NRC. The intent of this rule was hunter sustainability first and foremost. I was seeing kids back away from 20 ga slug guns at bench and thought what if 44Mag rifle? Less recoil, cheaper, accurate, rifle versus shotgun all positive for new shooters. Which led to the legislative approach. Thankfully, I had a really good one for my region.

Bottleneck cartridges implies "high" power to DNR so low power cartridges like 30/30, 35Rem, 32Spec etc will never be allowed. Politics. MIDNR does not have sportsmen and sportswomen first, politics will be first.

Please don't try to understand their position with logic, you will just open up another bottle of bourbon.
What I really get a kick out of is that now there's places that allow bottlenecks…but only between .35 and .50. So my .358 Norma mag would be totally acceptable in the name of safety but my .243 would be an illegal and innappropriate deer cartridge 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I do believe in the merit of some regulations BUT only as a means to ensure humane killing. I'm not looking to stub my toe on a chair that wasn't in my way haha, as I don't even own .22 cal centerfires and it doesn't affect me personally, but here in Saskatchewan for the longest time the rule for big game hunting was ".23 cal and up" - there are no 23s that I'm aware of, it was implicitly understood that real hunting cartridges start at .243 Winchester. That made good sense. But enough people were complaining about not being able to use their .223s. If you can't take a dang .243 beating you up find a a new hobby. Now they've changed that, all kinds of centerfire .22s are okay now - but they ban certain cartridges BY NAME. No 17s which makes sense…no .22 hornet, no .32-20, AND…the old .44-40 is on the dang list of no-gos. The .204 ruger is not. I could legally hunt moose with a .204 but not a .44-40, and I don't care which has more foot pounds I can tell ya right now which one is more appropriate for big game.

Leave it to government agencies to complicate things that don't have to be complicated.

A lot of laws are made by people that flat out don't understand the subject they are making the laws about. Unfortunately they lack the responsibility to take the time to learn and understand the issues. Then make decisions based on emotion rather than facts and reason.

A lot of laws are made by people that flat out don't understand the subject they are making the laws about. Unfortunately they lack the responsibility to take the time to learn and understand the issues. Then make decisions based on emotion rather than facts and reason.
The problem is MIDNR for example is flat out against ANY rifle in shotgun zones. They are politically driven agency and could care less about hunter opportunities. The ONLY way we got even straight wall was to take what is allowed in handgun to rifle configuration. Any bottleneck proposal would have killed all opportunities for even straight wall. I know how ridiculous that seems but you need to understand the agency is 100% driven by political influencers. Even then, it took 5 years to get straight wall approved for 3 year trial. It was then approved for final due to success of the acceptance the straight wall. Its mind numbing how incompetent the agency was to ballistics etc. The bottom line is we have options not available before and constant development for better cartridges.

We wish there could have been better opportunity to have reasonable options but if you have never had to deal with an agency that is political first and sportsmen second, it can be difficult to understand the straight wall rifle program.

The problem is MIDNR for example is flat out against ANY rifle in shotgun zones. They are politically driven agency and could care less about hunter opportunities. The ONLY way we got even straight wall was to take what is allowed in handgun to rifle configuration. Any bottleneck proposal would have killed all opportunities for even straight wall. I know how ridiculous that seems but you need to understand the agency is 100% driven by political influencers. Even then, it took 5 years to get straight wall approved for 3 year trial. It was then approved for final due to success of the acceptance the straight wall. Its mind numbing how incompetent the agency was to ballistics etc. The bottom line is we have options not available before and constant development for better cartridges.

We wish there could have been better opportunity to have reasonable options but if you have never had to deal with an agency that is political first and sportsmen second, it can be difficult to understand the straight wall rifle program.
Revenue before sportsman. That's also the MDNRs moto. Revenue management means more to the MDNR than wildlife management. The DMB has nothing on the DNR.

Yep, that's your opinion. They'll sell quite a few of them. The flexability to smoke some 125 gr .358 bullets or load 200's sounds fun. I've been wanting a 357 Maximum for a long time but nobody makes a lever in that caliber. This one should surpass it. At least they didn't go to a stupid bullet size like the Legend...