360 Buckhammer

Wolf76

Saw this new straight walled cartridge released by Remington. I'm curious if they will release a pump action rifle for it as well. I know Muddyboots is going to like it.

5C661240-BDD1-42F1-A7BB-1C0096FD9D13.jpeg

I have a drawing for 1.8" .357 Wolverine that I cannot get brass made at this time. Guess I won't have do that now!!

So if I got 2700fps with 140SH in .357 Max, I wonder what it will do in the .360Buckhammer! So is this going to be in Marlin? Henry?

Another Encore barrel!!

Odd....I don't see a 360 Buckhammer in my QuickLoad??

Anyway...enough of the jokes.....I wonder what psi they are spec'ing for this? I understand the need for straight wall cartridges for a few states for deer hunting.....but what is this round going to do for the rest of us that the 358 Winchester isn't already doing?

This is Vista remington, so what does that mean for gun company partners? Savage peeled off, rem arms can't actually ship a round bridge 700 in under a year or more. Doubtful they can get a new design or even a tweaked version out the door before 2030. Henry seems like the only one capable of pushing out a platform suitable for the rimmed 350 legend. Sadly for me Henry is allergic to stainless steel, and ruger marlin can barely get enough 1895s out the door to keep us barely believing they exist.

Guess that leaves chiappa? Do they have a 336 competitor? Kinda sad how few levers still get built, pretty much Henry it seems. Is there even still a production pump?

I'm going with Encore barrels for starters maybe both rifle and pistol. Then hope Ruger starts getting up to speed on the Marlins and chambers this round. I always wanted a Marlin in .357 Max but didn't want to go through all the custom build headaches to get one. That and I probably couldn't afford it anyway. Maybe if I'm patient this will be available.

Saw this new straight walled cartridge released by Remington. I'm curious if they will release a pump action rifle for it as well. I know Muddyboots is going to like it.

View attachment 425021
They could not have gone with a 375 diameter ? SOBs I have a 375 Win I need bullets for. 200 gr would be nice. Sure wish I could find a box one of these days. lol

Odd....I don't see a 360 Buckhammer in my QuickLoad??

Anyway...enough of the jokes.....I wonder what psi they are spec'ing for this? I understand the need for straight wall cartridges for a few states for deer hunting.....but what is this round going to do for the rest of us that the 358 Winchester isn't already doing?
It's straight walled case not bottleneck

Does anyone else's area have retail stores with stacks of 350 Legend filling the shelf? Ammo no one is using! I'll bet this 360BH will end up the same, sad but true.

It'll be interesting to see how it compares to 357 Max. It sounds like it's intended to fill a niche 357 Max fits in well. 350 Legend has already taken over most of that market.