358 wsm/35 sambar

I don,t have any experience with the short mag version but I do with the 358 norma. The shorty can,t equal it. With Norma URP powder and a 250 in a 24 inch barrel I am getting 2950 with no expansion. And you can buy factory ammo. Can,t find brass? No problem. Neck up 338 winchester brass. This is a serious gun. More energy than a 375 H&H. Don,t need or want that much? Back off the throttle. Oh and you can run 275 or 310 woodleighs if you want. Doesn,t work well in a short mag.
Where can one find that Norma URP? I've never seen it. I've meen shooting H4350 in my 358 Norma but not getting close to your velocity.

Sadly no I have never finished this one. I have everything to do it but have held off because the barrel contour I ordered is a little thinner than I think I want, so I need to get another blank or just do it. Being a Gunsmith work for myself always comes last 😀
My 358 Norma has a 24" featherweight barrel and it's a tackdriver. Recoil is not bad at all but it's all in the stock. As a custom stockmaker I've worked on ait of rifles over the years that kicked the snot out of the shooters but I've been able to cut a lot of the Recoil out by just remodeling the stock a bit. Don't let a lightweight barrel stop you.