33XC Build

I am going to build something for backpacking in. 33xc would be to heavy. Thinking on the lines of a 300 Norma, 338 Norma improve, or another edge. The nice thing about the Norma is I can run a magazine. The edge that we presently have we run CEB Lazers and they measured 4.238". I still have a sweet spot for the edge. I have a 28 nosler and Running 195 Berger's presently at 3100 after slowing it down and I don't think that the 300 Norma has much of an advantage over it except for maybe barrel life. So I was considering going straight to a 338 caliber.
Yes If your building one for backpacking in The 300 Norma or 30 Nosler Or the 338 Edge are all good choices.
I'd probably not be real concerned about barrel life.Since its a Hunting Rifle youre not going to have a high round Count as you would in a competition rifle.
I like Cutting edge Bullets myself.However I dont use them inmy hunting rifles.I mostly hunt with a Browning White Gold Medallion in 7mm Rem Mag or a cheap $400. Mossberg Patriot in 7 SAUM that was originally a 6.5 PRC. that I bought with an Academy Coupon. I have $7.00 in it before I rechambered it.. And it shoots as good as any custom gun I own and does not weigh much.

Thanks for posting Ryan, nice setup. I got my brass & dies in from Tubb two weeks back and got the reamer in today. Want to run the 300's and at least have a good place to start now. Mine is only gonna have 26 inches of barrel and if I get 3150 or better I'll be happy. I'm standing by for more of your results.
Was curious what you ended up for velocity with the 26" barrel? I'm about to have my barrel chambered up and trying to decide on length.

I have gotten 3150 with the 26" and it was a pretty hot load. I'm on my 2nd 28" barrel (3rd barrel overall) and can get 3150 with top loads. I run it at 3050 to save the brass.