• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

338 Sherman Max reloading components for sale (new)

ihuntak

After 2 arduous years of trying to have a custom 338 Sherman barrel made (smith no longer communicates after receiving payment and screwing up 2 barrels) i'm cutting my losses . Below is all you will need to complete your reloading build kit. I would prefer to sell as one lot for shipping ease.

All equipment I bought brand new from Rich and KM precision. I used the mandrel to size up the Max head stamped brass from .270 to .338 in preparation to fire form.
New Whidden dies - unused
99 pieces of head stamped Sherman Max brass sized to .338. I made one piece into a Hornady modified case for seating depth testing.
KM Expanding Mandrels (6mm-.308), 8mm, .338
KM Window riser
KM Press Adapter

Bullets:
49 Hornady 285gr ELD-M - one bullet sent to smith for sizing purposes
50 Hornady 270gr ELD-X - box was opened
49 Hammer Hunter 260gr - one bullet sent to smith for sizing purposes
50 Barnes LRX 250gr - box was opened
38 Sierra 250gr spitzer game kings
81 Speer Hot-cor 200gr soft points (planned use was for fire forming duty)

to buy this all new would cost $850. $715 and I'll ship it all.
sherman max reloading.jpg

pice for everything but bullets?
Im going to hold out for a little bit before parting this out. If it doesn't sell I may consider it a sign I need to convert my Tikka and find a competent smith to give this another go...

Im going to hold out for a little bit before parting this out. If it doesn't sell I may consider it a sign I need to convert my Tikka and find a competent smith to give this another go...
no problem