.338 norma imp

Trig

Hello all,

I am looking for people with hands on experiance with the improved version of the .338 norma mag.

I am starting to get the pieces togather to build a rifle based around stiller tac338 actin combined with a krieger barrel with a 1 in 9.3 twist.

I am looking at changing the shoulder angle to 35 degrees to minimise case growth and gain some more capacity with the idea of running H1000 powder and not dropping to much velocity.

I am looking for information regarding your choice of powder and the performance achieved with 300gr projectiles and would been keen to know if H1000 is working in the improved case.

Regards Trig.

I shoot the standard version, why not a 338 LAI, even the La has more capacity.

The .338 Lapua was the cartridge the inspired me to build a .338 in the first place but the development of the .338 Norma has changed my direction.
I will be building a rifle based on the .338 Norma and see the RL22 is working extremely well. year round i see temperatures ranging from 5-43°C where i live and shoot. Although i dont like shooting in the extreem heat it happens and want to be able to use a temperature stable powder as possible for this rifle.

Regards Trig.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.