>.338 Lapua VS Falcon Menace 4-14X44 FFP

PEI Rob

Just wondering if the 4-14X44 FFP will handle the nasty recoil of a very light weight .338 Lapua. I built one for a bud and he wants to replace his old but perfect 4200 that looks like crap on a "tactical" rifle.

Also, how do you like the reticle size? Is it too small at 4 or too large at 14?

Cheers,
Rob

Rob,
Go over to snipercentral.com.
They have done alot of work with the Falcon scopes and you will get lots of info.

Also, how do you like the reticle size? Is it too small at 4 or too large at 14?
You have good choices with these. The enhanced mildot has thick posts and dots that are fast and easy to see even on 4X. I don't find them it too thick on 14X for anything I do, the only problem you might run into is on tiny targets (like p-dogs) at long range, if you want to hold off the dots might cover more than you like.

If that's a concern, the ML-16 reticle has fine lines throughout but it will be harder to see on low power.

As for recoil, I've had mine on my 300 RUM for only a handful of rounds. It did fine but I can't say it's enough rounds to be a real test. The rest of the time it has been on my 7-08.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.