338 Lapua using ELD-X 270?

How far of a shot and how was the accuracy?

I load the 270eldX in my 20" short barrel 338win mag. I like them and they shoot 1\2moa in a factory savage. Shot 1 bull last year at 135yds and it hammered him through the front shoulder angling to the hip. They preform well on game

In my 338wm shorty I only get like 2650fps which gives me approx. 600yd effective range at 8K elev, not bad for my "brush gun"

I shoot them out of my Lapua in a Christensen carbon classic. I've killed a few elk and a deer with them with devastating results. I currently run retumbo and Peterson brass and without checking notes it's right around the 2900 mark. Might be a skosh slower but not much. Holds 3/4 minute to just under a minute out to 1000. Probably farther but I've never measured anything farther. Usually just plinking at rocks. I'd have no issue recommending them for hunting

I need a hunting bullet for a moose.

In 338 WM and 340 Wtby mag-I have used Nosler 250 gr Partitions for years for elk, moose and brown bear from all angles they have preformed flawlessly. I have had great luck with Nosler Accubond 225's also- would go 250gr or 300gr for moose. I have some Hornady 270 ELDX on hand and look forward to load development and testing on game.

Last edited:
I run the 270's on top of RL26 right at 2915 in my 338 LM. 27" Lilja 1-10 barrel. Very accurate and hammers animals. Like all of the ELDx line, don't shoot the parts ya wanna eat. I shoot 300gr Bergers in my other Lapua. I have a lot of confidence in both guns on big animals at distance.

I run the 270's on top of RL26 right at 2915 in my 338 LM. 27" Lilja 1-10 barrel. Very accurate and hammers animals. Like all of the ELDx line, don't shoot the parts ya wanna eat. I shoot 300gr Bergers in my other Lapua. I have a lot of confidence in both guns on big animals at distance.
What's better than a 338 LM? Two 338 LMs 😁