338 lapua rifle

bullboy85

Ok I think I have done enough research to finally start asking some questions. After researching it out I decided on the 338 lapua cartridge for my long range rifle. I have narrowed my search down to two production rifles or a custom build. First is the savage 110 BA, seems to get good reviews and is very inexpensive compared to other rifles in this category. Second is the Sako TRG 42, I own 3 Tikka rifles all exceptionally accurate. The TRG 42 seems to be very similar in design and so far everyone I could find that owns one has nothing but good things to say about it. Between these two I would like to know how they compare in accuracy. I have not seen a good side by side comparison which included comparing accuracy.
Last would be a custom rifle. This would be my first custom bolt action rifle. If I went this wrought I would want an Accuracy international stock, fluted bolt and barrel, and from what I have read the Fat Bastard muzzle break is supposed to be one of the best. I don't know which action, barrel to go with or who to have put it together. Also what kind of price I am looking at going this way.
Ok so let me have it. What's your thoughts on any of these options.

Google AI VRS TRG. And should find good article comparing those 2.This is slightly older where the 1-10 twist wasnt out yet,so 250 gr.flew better.A friend that has a trg has several full blown customs and said this rifle compares to them and like the trigger on trg that is adj. for different positions better than his jewels.I have seen one bullet hole groups at 200 w/scenars.Before this years price increase they where new for basic at $2800,which is hard to build custom for with same features.They now come cerecoted form euro optics.I have a custom norma built in a similar fashion as trg

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.