338 EDGE ?

huntinfool18

I've been hearing alot about the 338 EDGE lately. If you don't mind me asking, what is it? and how much can i look at haveing one bulit?

Just do a search of this site there is a ton of info on it, several of the members are shooting them.

HTH
Frank D

The parent case is a 300 Remington Ultra Mag (RUM) necked up to 338. The ballistics are similar to a 338 Lupa Magnum. From reading the posts, it sounds like an impressive set up. Good Luck

The 338 Edge is in fact simply a 300 Ultra necked up to .338. I run the 300 gr. SMK out of a 30" tube between 2850-2950 depending on load gun etc. Under the equipment section there is an extensive thread on the EDGE, with lots of info from myself and many others that have them or have built them.

Just out of curiosity, what kind of velocity could one expect out of a 27" tube??? Would a guy be better off just going w/the 338 RUM??

With a 26" barrel and lighter bullets like the 225 it was hardly worth the additional work for the little velocity. If you are going heavier say the 300's it is worth it at any barrel length or if you are using a 30" or longer tube it is worth it with any bullet weight. I would expect the 27" tube to get around 3200 fps.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.