338 Edge Questions

Triple BB

So my 338 Edge is getting close to being done. I have new/never fired 300 RUM RP brass that I'll be sizing up to 338. Question is, should I turn the necks while they're still 30 cal or after they're sized up to 338?

Second question, its built on a Remington factory action. I'm running Talley one piece ring/bases on several other rifles and plan on using the same on this build. Given the recoil for this caliber with a heavy scope, is a pinned action warranted? My Smith said he doesn't think its necessary, but would be happy to drill it if I want to pay for it. Thoughts...

Mine shoots great, no need to turn necks either. I had my base come loose once. I put some blue locktite on it and re torqued and no more issues! I just got my second one from my gunsmith and have had no issues it's a bunch lighter and has more noticeable recoil,but still no issues.

Neck turning is the last thing I do. As for rings and bases, my edge has a 20moa base epoxied on with devcon. It comes off if needed with a little heat from the heat gun. I also use loctite on the screws and a touch of super glue inside the rings. I've heard others condemn some of these practices, but I've never had the scope slide or move on my edge.

I built this Edge to get used alot and
so far it's been great !
Just my way .
6 338's and no neck turning for me .
Rum Man
Screenshot_20200113-213814_Gallery.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.