338 barrel choice

Erik Kiser

Ordering components for a 338 Lapua Improved and I think I've narrowed down my barrel selection down to Benchmark and Brux. I've shot Bartlein, Krieger, Lilja, and Hart but kinda wanted to try something different

Any input on the two mentioned, rifling options? Thanks, Erik

Depending on what you are looking for I have 338 9.5 twist 5R blanks here in stock.
Minimal wait :D
Chris
Benchmark Barrels

I got a Benchmark in Heavy Palma profile going on my Mark V action chambered in 338 Edge for a Tactical/comp rifle.

I have a Bartlien that will get turned to a Wby #3 or #4 profile for a hunting rifle also in 338 Edge.

as for comparison, I've only had Pac-Nor and Krieger so far, they both work, partial to Pac-Nor's but they are very sspendy. I have a Criterion RemAge but for that rifle I have not completed inletting yet.

Thanks guys, I'm leaning towards Benchmark but I'm sure they're all good barrels. I've had two Edges and wanna try something a little different so we'll see how the Lapua Improved does. Looking forward to the build, will be my first one on a custom action

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.