.338 Allen Xpress owners........

bowstryder

Hey guys I am playing with the idea of either modifying my current custom .338 lapua or going with another build using a spare action. What I need is a dummy round loaded to 3.745" to check feed and ejection possibilities with a 300 gr berger. I will PAY for your time and case/projectile...... I contacted Kirby and he is great as always but I think a bit busy for something like this.
Thanks,
Adam

He is a busy man, but that should make you feel more confident in his abilities. It might take a while, but from the comments of his customers, its worth the wait. He'll do it right the first time. Should... should there be a problem (doubtful), he will take care of you.

What ever advice Kirby gives you, I would take it into consideration. Good luck with your build.

Tank, thanks for the encouragement. I have no doubt with Kirby whatsoever! He will be getting my components IF I get nudged over the edge with this. I am just looking for a dummy round loaded up for my personal tests with an action I have and with my surgeon at the same time......

I must have missed your last e-mail on this.

Send me your mailing address and I will get you a dummy round with that bullet seated to the length your using. I do not think you would have any problems as long as your magazine allows the sharper, fatter shoulder of the AX to fit smoothly into the mag box. To test this, you may need two or three dummy rounds just to make sure.

Shoot me your mailing address.

It would figure that Kirby would jump on this....... LOL Wasn't trying to bother you with little details like this till I am ready to pull the trigger. But talk about positive reinforcement if anyone is considering using him! Thanks!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.