7mm Allen Mag rifle owners

midwesthunter

I'm looking for info on your rifles. I am going to be ordering one as soon as I pick all the goodies. I am going to be using Kirby's Raptor action. What barrel length are you guys running? What stock did you chose? What are some of the velocity for your loads and what does your rifle weigh? Thanks
gun)

I currently have a Rock 32" barrel but started with a 30" Lilja. I know of one 34" barreled 7mm AM and I think that Kirby built one with a shorter barrel.

I have a McMillan A5 on mine but I know of several different brands of stocks being used on them. Kirby could tell you all of the stocks that he has used.

I've run the 200 grain Wildcats up to 3400 fps but the load I use is just under 3200 fps as it's super accurate and the slight velocity difference means nothing. At 3200 fps the 200 grain Wildcat does a "pretty fair job" when it comes to downrange performance.:)

My gun currently weighs 18# field ready. I think Kirby built a much lighter one in the normal hunting rifle weight range.

Thanks I am either going with a Mcmillian A5 or a Manners T4A stock. I will probably be going with a 32-34" barrel also. He told me he makes a light rifle coming in at 9-10 pounds.

mine weighs in at 14.5#, 30" lilja fluted #8 contour, has a Richards thumbhole varminter laminated stock 2.5" forends, which I've slimmed down a bit, and rasped off some wood around the cheekpiece.
I run 160 accubonds at 3575 fps, will be giving the 200's a whirl this fall.
DS08002.jpg

I'm more impressed by this rifle every fall, its taken 26 whitetails in 3 seasons from 307-1,350 yards. you'll like yours, guarranteed!!!!
RR

I'm also curious was wondering if anyone had a 26 inch barreled gun. I am thinking of doing a 7mm-338 lapua improved I was thinking 28 tops on barrel length.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.